nwrecmsg - Netware

This is a discussion on nwrecmsg - Netware ; Hi On trying to shut down Win98 PCs in our computer labs, there is a program called 'nwrecmsg' which always gives me trouble. If I do a CTRL-ALT-DEL and stop the program manually, the PCs normally shut down OK (well, ...

  1. nwrecmsg

    Hi

    On trying to shut down Win98 PCs in our computer labs, there is a
    program called 'nwrecmsg' which always gives me trouble. If I do a
    CTRL-ALT-DEL and stop the program manually, the PCs normally shut down
    OK (well, as OK as Win98 CAN shut down). Also the program gives me
    trouble if a user clicks around outside of the login prompt prior to
    logging in. ie. the login box doesn't get the focus with a mouse click
    until I shut down the nwrecmsg program.

    Has anybody else had problems with this program?

    This is only a recent problem. I never had any trouble with older
    NWclients.

    Kev

  2. Re: nwrecmsg

    Kevin Ratcliffe scribed in
    :

    > Hi

    have you loaded the MS shutdown patch for 98?
    do that first....

    --
    swarf, steam and wind

    --
    David Forsyth -:- the email address is real /"\
    http://terrapin.ru.ac.za/~iwdf/welcome.html \ /

+ Reply to Thread