ArcServe 7 for Netware 6 - Netware

This is a discussion on ArcServe 7 for Netware 6 - Netware ; Hello. I am trying to use ArcServe 7 manager but have been unable to login. ArcServe appears to see my Netware 6 server but when I enter my account name and password I first get a dialog box that says ...

  1. ArcServe 7 for Netware 6

    Hello.

    I am trying to use ArcServe 7 manager but have been unable to login.
    ArcServe appears to see my Netware 6 server but when I enter my account
    name and password I first get a dialog box that says

    "ArcServe cannot locate the server"

    and a second dialog box that says

    "Unable to login, please check your user name and password".

    I have applied all of the patches and made changes to the management
    workstation registry. Is this a case of that full context that Novell
    uses?

    Suggestions? Anyone?

    Thanks, Doug

  2. Re: ArcServe 7 for Netware 6

    Assuming that your ARCserve on the server and ARCserve Manager on the
    workstation are at the same patch level (they have to be or the server
    will ABEND), I have a few questions.

    1. Are you using SLP?
    2. Which version mode? v1 or v2?
    3. Are you using SLP Scopes?
    4. Are you running only the TCPIP protocol? Or are you also loading IPX?

    I have had some experience with this problem and may have some ideas for
    you.

    I will await your reply.

    --
    BRiAN L. HUNT