Another way to address the problem would be to make that "network" a
seperate physical network. Literally do not have anything connecting those
3 machines to the novell network. This would provide security both ways,
forcing you to either use "sneaker net" to get data onto the outside
network, or something like Lap-link. It would be more in-convenient but it
sure would take care of the security issues in a complete way...
Tom
"Yechiel Levin" wrote in message

> I have a W2K Workstation "A" connected to the corporate Novell network
> running IP. I want to be able to manage, and access the file shares on,

two
> other on-site W2K Workstations "B" and "C" without connecting them to the
> Novell network, since 1) they have no need for any Novell resources and
> should not have access to the Novell network, and 2) the Novell users and
> admins have no need for anything on "B" and "C" and should not have access
> to them (they contain sensitive extra-corporate data as well as corporate
> data).
>
> Here's what I thought to do:
>
> I will install a second network card on my computer "A", and we'll call

the
> Novell interface A1 and the second interface A2. I will configure static

IP
> addresses 192.168.1.x for A2 and the other two computers B and C, and
> connect them to the existing physical network infrastructure. (Let's say
> the Novell network's IP address range is 10.136.x.x.) Also, I would add a
> new local user that would not have a corresponding Novell user. The
> security of the file shares on B and C would only allow access to the new
> local-only user.
>
> Question:
>
> Will the fact that this peer network is on a different IP address range

than
> the Novell network be enough to keep Novell users or admins from seeing

the