Re: DHCP and Netware 4.11 - Netware

This is a discussion on Re: DHCP and Netware 4.11 - Netware ; I'm almost certain that Novell still has the 4.11 documentation online. Tom "Steve Grosz" wrote in message news:8f7fb376.0304160743.7fa5baca@posting.google.c om... > I am new to Novell and Netware. Can anyone tell me if 4.11 will run > as a DHCP server? ...

  1. Re: DHCP and Netware 4.11

    I'm almost certain that Novell still has the 4.11 documentation online.
    Tom

    "Steve Grosz" wrote in message
    news:8f7fb376.0304160743.7fa5baca@posting.google.c om...
    > I am new to Novell and Netware. Can anyone tell me if 4.11 will run
    > as a DHCP server? And without the manuals, where can I find out how
    > to set this up?
    >
    > Thanks very much.
    >
    > Steve

  2. Re: DHCP and Netware 4.11

    Since 4.11 does almost nothing in the way of TCP/IP support, it won't do
    anything in the way of DHCP, either.

    --
    Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer_@_frayernet.com
    Seeking an IT Mgmt/Network Admin position in the Tampa Bay Region.

  3. Re: DHCP and Netware 4.11

    Alan,

    Surprisingly, it will. Load DHCPSRVR and create a DHCP server object in
    NDS using the DNS/DHCP management app, installed from SYS:PUBLIC.

    Remember that Novell called it Intranetware & is was about this time
    that woke up & smelt the coffee regarding IP.

    Admittedly IP support wasn't great bu it was there. It also had NAMED as
    a DNS if you need one.

    In article , Alan Frayer
    writes
    >Since 4.11 does almost nothing in the way of TCP/IP support, it won't
    >do anything in the way of DHCP, either.
    >
    >On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:57:37 -0500, Tom Miller
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I'm almost certain that Novell still has the 4.11 documentation online.
    >> Tom
    >>
    >> "Steve Grosz" wrote in message
    >> news:8f7fb376.0304160743.7fa5baca@posting.google.c om...
    >>> I am new to Novell and Netware. Can anyone tell me if 4.11 will run
    >>> as a DHCP server? And without the manuals, where can I find out how
    >>> to set this up?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks very much.
    >>>
    >>> Steve

    Keith Bailey
    Computer Manager
    Kingsbury High School
    LONDON UK

  4. Re: DHCP and Netware 4.11

    DHCPCFG is the config utility, DHCPSRVR is the software itself.
    Here is a pretty thorough guide:
    http://www.more.net/technical/netser...stall-dhcp.pdf
    Didn't check it all through, though.....

    Alan Frayer wrote:

    > Thinking back on this, I have to agree. I cannot remember the utility
    > however, and what you describe sounds like what we do with NW 5+... I
    > think the utility for DHCP was very different in NW 4.x. It certainly
    > wasn't managed by the Java-based PC utility that came with NW 5.
    >
    > What I do remember is a simplified web server and a horrible FTP utility.
    >
    > On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:19:21 +0100, Keith Bailey
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Alan,
    >>
    >> Surprisingly, it will. Load DHCPSRVR and create a DHCP server object
    >> in NDS using the DNS/DHCP management app, installed from SYS:PUBLIC.
    >>
    >> Remember that Novell called it Intranetware & is was about this time
    >> that woke up & smelt the coffee regarding IP.
    >>
    >> Admittedly IP support wasn't great bu it was there. It also had NAMED
    >> as a DNS if you need one.
    >>
    >> In article , Alan Frayer
    >> writes
    >>
    >>> Since 4.11 does almost nothing in the way of TCP/IP support, it won't
    >>> do anything in the way of DHCP, either.

    >> Keith Bailey
    >> Computer Manager
    >> Kingsbury High School