Netware Login Script - Netware

This is a discussion on Netware Login Script - Netware ; How can I disable a Win2K client from processing a NetWare login script at login. I need the NetWare service installed because I need to map a drive on that network but I don't want the drives mapped automatically with ...

  1. Netware Login Script

    How can I disable a Win2K client from processing a NetWare login script at login. I need the NetWare service installed because I need to map a drive on that network but I don't want the drives mapped automatically with the login script. This is very easy to do on Win98 by "unchecking" a box under NetWare properties, but I cannot find the same option in Win2K.

    Thanks

    --
    ERICK KENT

  2. Re: Netware Login Script

    Click on "Advanced" where? From Network Properties? I can't find "Advanced"
    on my Win2K Client.

    Thanks

    --
    ERICK KENT
    "Peter Clinch" wrote in message
    > ERICK KENT wrote:
    > > How can I disable a Win2K client from processing a NetWare login script
    > > at login. I need the NetWare service installed because I need to map a
    > > drive on that network but I don't want the drives mapped automatically
    > > with the login script. This is very easy to do on Win98 by "unchecking"
    > > a box under NetWare properties, but I cannot find the same option in

    Win2K.

    > It's possible to do this on the Client, or at least recent versions:
    > click on Advanced... and then go to the Script tab, and simply uncheck
    > "Run Scripts", and that should do it.
    >
    > Alternatively, you can doctor it at the server end by putting a
    > conditional in the login script that checks to see if the OS is Win2K
    > before mapping the drive.
    >
    > Pete.
    > --
    > Peter Clinch University of Dundee
    > Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital
    > Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
    > net p.j.clinch@dundee.ac.uk http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  3. Re: Netware Login Script

    Are you using the Novell Client for NetWare or the Microsoft Client for
    networking?

    Turning off the scripts with the Novell client is easy, but if you are
    using the Microsoft client, you may have to get creative.

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:02:33 -0500, ERICK KENT
    wrote:

    > I terribly sorry, but I can't find the Client Options your talking about.
    > Where would I find them? Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > ERICK KENT
    > "Peter Clinch" wrote in message
    >> ERICK KENT wrote:
    >> > Click on "Advanced" where? From Network Properties? I can't find

    > "Advanced"
    >> > on my Win2K Client.

    >> When the client starts for a login you get a box up on the screen with
    >> spaces for username and password underneath which are buttons for OK,
    >> Cancel, Shutdown... and Advanced>>
    >>
    >> Advanced>> is there by default, but if not then in the Client Properties
    >> select Advanced Login. In the Show on login list of check boxes you'll
    >> find there, make sure "Advanced Button" is checked.
    >>
    >> Click on Advanced>> and it will open up the Client box under the
    >> Workstation only check box with click tabs for NDS, Script, Windows and
    >> Dial-up. Select the Script tab, and that's where you'll find the bit
    >> you need.
    >>
    >> Pete.
    >> --
    >> Peter Clinch University of Dundee
    >> Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital
    >> Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
    >> net p.j.clinch@dundee.ac.uk http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

    --
    Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer_@_frayernet.com
    Seeking an IT Mgmt/Network Admin position in the Tampa Bay Region.

  4. Re: Netware Login Script

    If you don't need access to NDS type services, I think the MS NW client
    would allow you to simply map the drive....
    Tom
    "ERICK KENT" wrote in message
    How can I disable a Win2K client from processing a NetWare login script at
    login. I need the NetWare service installed because I need to map a drive on
    that network but I don't want the drives mapped automatically with the login
    script. This is very easy to do on Win98 by "unchecking" a box under NetWare
    properties, but I cannot find the same option in Win2K.

    Thanks

    --
    ERICK KENT

+ Reply to Thread