NW6SP3 installation "insufficient rights" - Netware

This is a discussion on NW6SP3 installation "insufficient rights" - Netware ; I get so far through the SP3 installation and I get the error: "The user has insufficient rights to extend the schema...", I give the admin username and its password ( I know this is correct since I just logged ...

  1. NW6SP3 installation "insufficient rights"

    I get so far through the SP3 installation and I get the error:
    "The user has insufficient rights to extend the schema...", I give the admin
    username and its password ( I know this is correct since I just logged in
    from a client as admin ) but it still gives me the error.

    There is 600 Megs of disk space still free also.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Kyle

  2. Re: NW6SP3 installation "insufficient rights"

    Hi,

    Don't forget the context after admin !

    ..admin.context
    passsword

    greetings

    "Kyle" wrote in message news:...
    > I get so far through the SP3 installation and I get the error:
    > "The user has insufficient rights to extend the schema...", I give the admin
    > username and its password ( I know this is correct since I just logged in
    > from a client as admin ) but it still gives me the error.
    >
    > There is 600 Megs of disk space still free also.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Kyle

  3. Re: NW6SP3 installation "insufficient rights"

    Thanks,
    That did it... Maybe if they hinted at that in the user prompt screen it
    would help

    Kyle
    news:b0797b91.0308110153.2c1ca63f@posting.google.c om...

    > > I get so far through the SP3 installation and I get the error:
    > > "The user has insufficient rights to extend the schema...", I give the

    admin
    > > username and its password ( I know this is correct since I just logged

    in
    > > from a client as admin ) but it still gives me the error.
    > >
    > > There is 600 Megs of disk space still free also.
    > >
    > > Any help would be appreciated.
    > >
    > > Kyle

  4. Re: NW6SP3 installation "insufficient rights"

    That's one of the big problems with Netware. It's a grown-up's operating
    system & they EXPECT people to know things like that!

    In article , Kyle
    writes
    >Thanks,
    >That did it... Maybe if they hinted at that in the user prompt screen it
    >would help
    >
    >Kyle
    >"Amos Haurissa" wrote in message
    >news:b0797b91.0308110153.2c1ca63f@posting.google.c om...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Don't forget the context after admin !
    >>
    >> .admin.context
    >> passsword
    >>
    >> greetings
    >>

    >> "Kyle" wrote in message

    >> > I get so far through the SP3 installation and I get the error:
    >> > "The user has insufficient rights to extend the schema...", I give the

    >admin
    >> > username and its password ( I know this is correct since I just logged

    >in
    >> > from a client as admin ) but it still gives me the error.
    >> >
    >> > There is 600 Megs of disk space still free also.
    >> >
    >> > Any help would be appreciated.
    >> >
    >> > Kyle

    Keith Bailey
    Computer Manager