Novell NW 4.11 User Help - Netware

This is a discussion on Novell NW 4.11 User Help - Netware ; Hello all, Recently i've been asked to maintain our Novell 4.11 Server. I'm really new to Novell and am having an issue with the server. Towards the end of the week my users begin getting the following error when they ...

  1. Novell NW 4.11 User Help

    Hello all,

    Recently i've been asked to maintain our Novell 4.11 Server. I'm
    really new to Novell and am having an issue with the server. Towards
    the end of the week my users begin getting the following error when
    they log on "The maximum number of connections allowed on this server
    has been reached. Wait until another user logs out". I find this
    weird because on Monday everything is great. I started going into the
    Netware Console Monitor and checked the Current Connections Box.
    Under status it states all 75 Licensed Connections are being used.
    However I only have about 65 users so I would assume I wouldn't have
    this problem. I also notice that in the current connections box it
    lists a connection number, and user. I also see many others with the
    same user name but with an asterik in front, and tons of Not Logged-In
    entries. Is there a good way to clean up the connections to make sure
    all 75 connections are being utilized properly? Also, what is the
    difference between a standard user entry and a user entry with an
    asterik infront, and what is the not logged In entry refer to? If you
    know of a good Admin book for NW 4.11 it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for the help.

    1 USER

  2. Re: Novell NW 4.11 User Help

    On 31 Jul 2003 10:55:27 -0700, Oscar wrote:
    > Recently i've been asked to maintain our Novell 4.11 Server. I'm
    > really new to Novell and am having an issue with the server.

    Print servers also take licensed connections, if you have any of those.
    Other than that, it might be interesting to see what your licence
    in-use count is like day by day.

    If it isn't already, bring the server up to the latest Service Pack
    level. That, alone, may be a resolution for you.

    > this problem. I also notice that in the current connections box it
    > lists a connection number, and user. I also see many others with the
    > same user name but with an asterik in front, and tons of Not Logged-In
    > entries.

    You should be able to ignore Not-Logged-In. The ones with the asterisc
    are "authenticated" and do not (are not supposed to) count against
    the license count.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | Let whoever among you is without sin buy the first round. |