Re: What is the official support status from Novell on the IPX protocol? - Netware

This is a discussion on Re: What is the official support status from Novell on the IPX protocol? - Netware ; * Richard Tocci (2003-07-23 00:17 +0200) > I am writing documentation for my customers regarding Windows Server 2003, and one of the questions that came up was connectivity to a Netware server from Windows Server 2003. > NWLink is provided, ...

  1. Re: What is the official support status from Novell on the IPX protocol?

    * Richard Tocci (2003-07-23 00:17 +0200)
    > I am writing documentation for my customers regarding Windows Server 2003, and one of the questions that came up was connectivity to a Netware server from Windows Server 2003.

    > NWLink is provided, but I would like to mention the support status of IPX in my article, to persuade customers to use IP rather than IPX for communication to their Netware server.

    Didn't read your posting (sorry, no line breaks is to hard to read),
    but Novell's official position as they "introduced" native TCP/IP (in
    1998) was that they would support IPX "another hundred years".

    Thorsten

  2. Re: What is the official support status from Novell on the IPX protocol?

    That's kind of what I figured. Since we don't test our product over an IPX
    network any longer, and since SQL 200 seems to have a hard time working over
    IPX, we're just not going to bother with IPX any longer.

    "Thorsten Kampe" wrote in message
    > * Richard Tocci (2003-07-23 00:17 +0200)
    > > I am writing documentation for my customers regarding Windows Server

    2003, and one of the questions that came up was connectivity to a Netware
    server from Windows Server 2003.

    > > NWLink is provided, but I would like to mention the support status of

    IPX in my article, to persuade customers to use IP rather than IPX for
    communication to their Netware server.

    > Didn't read your posting (sorry, no line breaks is to hard to read),
    > but Novell's official position as they "introduced" native TCP/IP (in
    > 1998) was that they would support IPX "another hundred years".
    >
    > Thorsten

+ Reply to Thread