need 4.11 w/ 50 users. - Netware

This is a discussion on need 4.11 w/ 50 users. - Netware ; 0ur company has need of purchasing Netware 4.11 w/ a 50-user lic. we have a server currently running it, but the Compaq it is on is not long for this world. The parent company we used to be under took ...

  1. need 4.11 w/ 50 users.

    0ur company has need of purchasing Netware 4.11 w/ a 50-user lic.
    we have a server currently running it, but the Compaq it is on is not
    long for this world.
    The parent company we used to be under took our CD's and lic. info.
    and that company has now dissolved.
    any info you could provide would be aappreciated.

    btw, the app we run for our back office NEEDS 4.11..
    tks
    russman in Cowtown.
    rwalker@savonltd.com

  2. Re: need 4.11 w/ 50 users.

    On 28 Jul 2003 14:08:32 -0700, rwalker@savonltd.com (russman) typed
    with two fingers, :

    >0ur company has need of purchasing Netware 4.11 w/ a 50-user lic.
    >we have a server currently running it, but the Compaq it is on is not
    >long for this world.
    >The parent company we used to be under took our CD's and lic. info.
    >and that company has now dissolved.
    >any info you could provide would be aappreciated.
    >
    >btw, the app we run for our back office NEEDS 4.11..
    >tks
    >russman in Cowtown.
    >rwalker@savonltd.com

    Not long for this world? Drive failing? If not, move to new server!

  3. Re: need 4.11 w/ 50 users.

    Long shall last the words of russman rwalker@savonltd.com :

    > 0ur company has need of purchasing Netware 4.11 w/ a 50-user lic.
    > we have a server currently running it, but the Compaq it is on is
    > not long for this world.
    > The parent company we used to be under took our CD's and lic.
    > info. and that company has now dissolved.
    > any info you could provide would be aappreciated.

    NetWare 4.11 is not long for this world, either. Novell has made it
    clear that Redbox customers can't purchase licenses for it any
    longer, though VLA customers have a few more months. They haven't
    sold CDs for that product in ... well, it must have been when 5.1
    released. Four, maybe five years ago.

    But don't let that discourage you. You have an up and running server
    with exactly what you need, so you can get the serial number off of
    that and get a replacement license disk, at the very least.
    They may even give
    you a physical disk if you ask for it, though it'll cost more (but
    less than a new license).

    Oh, and when you get that replacement license: register it!

    The CDs are going to be tricker. Novell, obviously, isn't going to
    provide you media for an obsolete product unless you shell out
    thousands of dollars their way on a regular basis (in other words,
    have a CLA/MLA/ALA/SLA contract). Take a look on some auction sites,
    or perhaps an out-of-touch reseller/SE/CNE.

    Or maybe none of that's necessary if you can image the server and
    port it over to some new hardware (of course it's not as easy as it
    sounds; nothing is. The fact that it sounds difficult should give you
    some idea).

    --
    steven <> Change "spam" to "usenet" to reply.
    "Go not to Usenet for counsel, for they will say 'Yes' and 'No' and

+ Reply to Thread