NDS to Exchange? - Netware

This is a discussion on NDS to Exchange? - Netware ; I guess this isn't strictly a NetWare question, but is there a way of exporting our NDS logins to an Exchange server in order to create mailboxes? Our college currently uses Pegasus but wants a groupware solution. Groupwise is 700 ...

  1. NDS to Exchange?

    I guess this isn't strictly a NetWare question, but is there a way of
    exporting our NDS logins to an Exchange server in order to create
    mailboxes? Our college currently uses Pegasus but wants a groupware
    solution. Groupwise is 700 times more expensive than Exchange (under
    Select and Campus agreements) so Exchange seems the obvious way to go.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Nick
    --
    Nick

  2. Re: NDS to Exchange?

    In article ,
    marcus@myrealbox.com writes

    >On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 22:42:37 +0100, Nick wrote:
    >
    >>Any suggestions?

    >Contact your local Novell office to get educational pricing for
    >GroupWise.

    I was quoting the educational price. 7300 for site licence for
    Groupwise vs 167 for Exchange server and the Exchange cal's are free
    under our existing campus agreement!!
    --
    Nick

  3. Re: NDS to Exchange?

    On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 22:42:37 +0100, Nick wrote:
    > I guess this isn't strictly a NetWare question, but is there a way of
    > exporting our NDS logins to an Exchange server in order to create
    > mailboxes?

    Yes. DirXML can do this, and much more.

    But, if you sign an education contract with Novell, GroupWise is
    much cheaper than if you buy it retail.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | Let whoever among you is without sin buy the first round. |