Lost files - Netware

This is a discussion on Lost files - Netware ; I'm running Windows XP Pro w/ Netware client installed accessing a Novell 4.11 server. While a was moving some folders from Novell to a windows-based server, I deleted by mistake some very important folders from Novell server. Is there any ...

  1. Lost files

    I'm running Windows XP Pro w/ Netware client installed accessing a
    Novell 4.11 server. While a was moving some folders from Novell to a
    windows-based server, I deleted by mistake some very important folders
    from Novell server. Is there any way to have them back? I'm trying
    with Stellar Phoenix to retrieve the folders but I don't see them
    anywhere. Someone can help????

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Lost files

    Novell contains a folder in the root of the system partition that is called
    Deleted.sav and when a file is deleted off of the Novell server it is copied
    into this directory. It is possible that the lost files can be recovered
    from this directory. There are a couple of ways you can recover these
    files.

    1. Copy the files from this directory to the directory they were deleted
    from.
    2. On the server run the salvage utility (command varies with the different
    versions)
    3. On a Windows based computer go to the Novell directory that they were
    deleted from and right click and select salvage (You might have to have
    admin rights for this or login as the person who deleted the files).

    Let me know if this helps or not.

    --
    Thanks
    Tony

    "David Laramee" wrote in message
    news:fa013063.0410260908.4fd9ba30@posting.google.c om...
    > I'm running Windows XP Pro w/ Netware client installed accessing a
    > Novell 4.11 server. While a was moving some folders from Novell to a
    > windows-based server, I deleted by mistake some very important folders
    > from Novell server. Is there any way to have them back? I'm trying
    > with Stellar Phoenix to retrieve the folders but I don't see them
    > anywhere. Someone can help????
    >
    > Thanks!

  3. Re: Lost files

    On 26 Oct 2004 10:08:08 -0700, dlaramee@sportrack.com (David Laramee) wrote:

    >I'm running Windows XP Pro w/ Netware client installed accessing a
    >Novell 4.11 server. While a was moving some folders from Novell to a
    >windows-based server, I deleted by mistake some very important folders
    >from Novell server. Is there any way to have them back? I'm trying
    >with Stellar Phoenix to retrieve the folders but I don't see them
    >anywhere. Someone can help????

    At a command prompt type SALVAGE - the files may still be there.

    Hope this helps.

    regards
    Marcus Williamson
    Connectotel