NDS ODBC ASP display machine and User - Netware

This is a discussion on NDS ODBC ASP display machine and User - Netware ; err, I'm not quiet sure if this is dead easy or dead hard as all my experience is the SQL Server but I'm trying to write a simple asp page to display the computer name and the user who is ...

  1. NDS ODBC ASP display machine and User

    err,

    I'm not quiet sure if this is dead easy or dead hard as all my
    experience is the SQL Server but I'm trying to write a simple asp page
    to display the computer name and the user who is logged into it.

    I am using the Novell ODBC driver so that I can write simple queries
    through Excel but don't know how to write the asp.

    Select logins:

    select NDS_name
    from UserNDS

    Select machines on tree
    select NDS_Fullname
    from workstation

    I can figure out how to run the query but don't know how to use the
    ODBC. I'm not using visual basic either.

    Hope you can help

    John

  2. Re: NDS ODBC ASP display machine and User

    As its annoying not to complete these things I'd better finish this
    off.
    The way I got around this was to a DTS package to connect to the NDS
    through the ODBC and populated a SQl server table that yuo can design.
    From here I used the SQl data to display the page.
    Need futher details just reply to this and I'll add comments.

    john

+ Reply to Thread