Rebooting nw51 - Netware

This is a discussion on Rebooting nw51 - Netware ; I need to remotely reboot my Netware 5.1 server on occasion, the group helped me with encrypting the password and creating the ldremote file (Thanks). Is there a way now to restart the server instead of downing it? Will it ...

  1. Rebooting nw51

    I need to remotely reboot my Netware 5.1 server on occasion, the group
    helped me with encrypting the password and creating the ldremote file
    (Thanks). Is there a way now to restart the server instead of downing it?
    Will it reboot the machine or just restart Netware?

    Brian

  2. Re: Rebooting nw51

    "Trail Shredder" wrote in

    > I need to remotely reboot my Netware 5.1 server on occasion, the group
    > helped me with encrypting the password and creating the ldremote file
    > (Thanks). Is there a way now to restart the server instead of downing
    > it? Will it reboot the machine or just restart Netware?

    The console command

    restart server

    will restart the server.exe program. The command

    reset server

    will perform a warm reboot of the machine.
    You will normally prefer to use "restart server". If you are unlucky, for
    example, the keyboard is accidently disconnected, and the Power On Self
    Test will wait for an input.

    There are two occations where "reset server" is preferred: If you want the
    hardware to be reinitialized by BIOS, or if you just installed a service
    pack. In that case, the server.exe needs to be restarted.

    HTH,
    Erik Klausen

+ Reply to Thread