rconsole - Netware

This is a discussion on rconsole - Netware ; I need to be able to reboot my NetWare 5.1 machine on rare occasions remotely. On my 4.11 box, I can load remote and put the password after that string and it loads it with the password. That doesn't seem ...

  1. rconsole

    I need to be able to reboot my NetWare 5.1 machine on rare occasions
    remotely. On my 4.11 box, I can load remote and put the password after that
    string and it loads it with the password. That doesn't seem to work in
    NW5.1. It still stops and prompts me for the password and I have to have
    someone (if during business hours) put the pw in for me. Is there a way
    around this?

    Brian

  2. Re: rconsole

    "Trail Shredder" wrote in

    > I need to be able to reboot my NetWare 5.1 machine on rare occasions
    > remotely. On my 4.11 box, I can load remote and put the password
    > after that string and it loads it with the password. That doesn't
    > seem to work in NW5.1. It still stops and prompts me for the password
    > and I have to have someone (if during business hours) put the pw in
    > for me. Is there a way around this?

    After loading remote, type "remote encrypt". The program will ask for a
    password, and ask if it should write the parameters to a file,
    ldremote.ncf.

    Answer "yes" and enter a line in autoexec.ncf to call the file. That's it.

    The password in the ncf file is encrypted.

    Kind regards,
    Erik Klausen

  3. Re: rconsole

    ""Trail Shredder" " wrote in
    comp.os.netware.connectivity:

    > I need to be able to reboot my NetWare 5.1 machine on rare occasions
    > remotely. On my 4.11 box, I can load remote and put the password after
    > that string and it loads it with the password. That doesn't seem to
    > work in NW5.1. It still stops and prompts me for the password and I
    > have to have someone (if during business hours) put the pw in for me.
    > Is there a way around this?

    For a pure-IP method, just add the following to your AUTOEXEC.NCF
    (change the word "password" to whatever password you'd like to use):

    LOAD RCONAG6.NLM password 2034 16800

    Then you'll either need to use Novell's RConsoleJ, which is written in
    Java (the loader is very slow so I don't use it), or RConIP (a native Win32
    console application) from the Open Source Software movement:

    Information and links to download from SourceForge.Net
    http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1485.html

    Official SourceForge.Net web page
    http://rconip.sourceforge.net/

    I use RConIP all the time now (except not in the few NetWare 3.x and
    4.x environments I support), and am very pleased with it.

+ Reply to Thread