need info about NCP.. - Netware

This is a discussion on need info about NCP.. - Netware ; Dear Friends, Am a newbie to Novell networking. I plan to novell support for my embedded device. For that my application needs to communicate to the Novell server in NCP(have picked IPX/SPX from opensource). Any inputs on how to get ...

  1. need info about NCP..

    Dear Friends,

    Am a newbie to Novell networking. I plan to novell support
    for my embedded device. For that my application needs to
    communicate to the Novell server in NCP(have picked IPX/SPX
    from opensource). Any inputs on how to get the details on NCP?.
    Searched for any sale/support option @ Novell's site. But am
    finding only info about partners, resellers etc.,

    Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Vijay

  2. Re: need info about NCP..

    In article ,
    Vijay Peshkar wrote:
    >Dear Friends,
    >
    >Am a newbie to Novell networking. I plan to novell support
    >for my embedded device. For that my application needs to
    >communicate to the Novell server in NCP(have picked IPX/SPX
    >from opensource). Any inputs on how to get the details on NCP?.
    >Searched for any sale/support option @ Novell's site. But am
    >finding only info about partners, resellers etc.,

    What specifically does your device need to be able to do? It's been
    years since I did some custom work with NCP, but it wasn't that hard
    from what I recall (depending on what you needed to do). Basically,
    I used PacketView to watch a real client do what needed to be done, and
    then wrote my own code to do the same.

    Patrick
    Patrick Klos Email: patrick@klos.com
    ==================== What goes around, comes around... =====================