NLMs not loading - Netware

This is a discussion on NLMs not loading - Netware ; I have a server running NetWare 5.0, SP6. When I try to run Monitor or NWCONFIG or any other NLM, I get an error message that says SERVER 5.00 - 1132: ERROR READING FROM LOAD FILE. And of course, the ...

  1. NLMs not loading

    I have a server running NetWare 5.0, SP6. When I try to run Monitor or
    NWCONFIG or any other NLM, I get an error message that says SERVER 5.00 -
    1132: ERROR READING FROM LOAD FILE. And of course, the NLM doesn't load
    (whatever loads in the Autoexec.ncf does so with no problem). Novell's
    knowledgebase has nothing much to say about this. Anyone experience this
    problem? The server is running Groupwise 5.5, InoculanIT and ArcServe 6.

    Thanks!

    GMC

  2. Re: NLMs not loading

    "Gary Chensky" wrote in news:65750$40c128d5$44a6fce8
    $12193@msgid.meganewsservers.com:

    > I have a server running NetWare 5.0, SP6. When I try to run Monitor or
    > NWCONFIG or any other NLM, I get an error message that says SERVER 5.00 -
    > 1132: ERROR READING FROM LOAD FILE. And of course, the NLM doesn't load
    > (whatever loads in the Autoexec.ncf does so with no problem). Novell's
    > knowledgebase has nothing much to say about this. Anyone experience this
    > problem? The server is running Groupwise 5.5, InoculanIT and ArcServe 6.

    Actually, Knowledgebase has this to say (1132 AND load):

    http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...?/10019576.htm

    In this case, the .NLM file had a size of 0 bytes. In your case, there
    could be a rights problem, a volume problem, or a virus scanner gone
    berserk.
    Make sure the line LOAD CONLOG appears in the beginning of AUTOEXEC.NCF,
    right after the server name and IPX NUMBER/SERVERID. Reboot the server. If
    it doesn't help immediately, unload CONLOG and read the file
    SYS:ETC/CONSOLE.LOG, checking for other error messages.

    If you still have problems, post the console.log here.
    If the problem occurs after a while, leave the conlog loaded until the
    error occurs, and then check console.log

    HTH,
    Erik Klausen

+ Reply to Thread