Rsync for Novell - Netware

This is a discussion on Rsync for Novell - Netware ; Hi all, I'm looking for a cheap or free solution to keeping two hard drives (on two different servers, in sync. I know that it can be done in Linux via rsync. Is there some Novell (5.1) utility I'm missing? ...

  1. Rsync for Novell

    Hi all,

    I'm looking for a cheap or free solution to keeping two hard drives (on two different servers, in sync. I know that it can be done in Linux via rsync. Is there some Novell (5.1) utility I'm missing?

    T.I.A.

    jim
    -----------

    If they're MY FILES and MY COMPUTER,
    why does Microsoft reserve the right to change them?

  2. Re: Rsync for Novell

    On 09/04/2004 11:51, Jim Thale wrote:

    > I'm looking for a cheap or free solution to keeping two hard drives (on two different servers, in sync. I know that it can be done in Linux via rsync. Is there some Novell (5.1) utility I'm missing?

    Rsync is available for Novell NetWare - it's a project at Novell Forge.

    See http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?rsync for more
    information.

    HTH

    Simon

  3. Re: Rsync for Novell

    On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 10:51:12 GMT, Jim Thale
    wrote:

    > I'm looking for a cheap or free solution to keeping two hard drives (on two different servers, in sync. I know that it can be done in Linux via rsync. Is there some Novell (5.1) utility I'm missing?

    The Novell TOOLBOX.NLM utility includes a copy function which can be
    scheduled with the Novell CRON.NLM utility.

    Of course, you would only do this if the data is changing on one of
    the drives and you want to create a copy on the other drive. The
    method described above would not reconcile differences if changes were
    made on both drives.

    regards
    Marcus

+ Reply to Thread