Timestamp is changing when copying files to novell servers - Netware

This is a discussion on Timestamp is changing when copying files to novell servers - Netware ; Hello, when I copy files from my NT 4.0 SP 6 workstation, the timestamp is changed to the current date and time. When I copy files to other file servers, everything is fine. I noticed this problem accidentally last week. ...

  1. Timestamp is changing when copying files to novell servers

    Hello,

    when I copy files from my NT 4.0 SP 6 workstation, the timestamp is
    changed to the current date and time. When I copy files to other file
    servers, everything is fine.

    I noticed this problem accidentally last week. I suppose it's existing
    since several weeks or months. I can't remember that I've installed
    new software within this time. It seems to be a problem of my machine,
    i.e. when I log in onto another machine, everything is ok.

    Of course the first idea was that I've a virus an my PC. But Norton
    Antivirus is always running with real-time-protection of the file
    system, and it's always up to date. Nevertheless, I was running an
    extra check, but I found no virus.

    Has anybody any idea what could cause this problem? many thanks in
    advance.

  2. Re: Timestamp is changing when copying files to novell servers

    Kleobis wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > when I copy files from my NT 4.0 SP 6 workstation, the timestamp is
    > changed to the current date and time. When I copy files to other file
    > servers, everything is fine.
    >
    > I noticed this problem accidentally last week. I suppose it's existing
    > since several weeks or months. I can't remember that I've installed
    > new software within this time. It seems to be a problem of my machine,
    > i.e. when I log in onto another machine, everything is ok.
    >
    > Of course the first idea was that I've a virus an my PC. But Norton
    > Antivirus is always running with real-time-protection of the file
    > system, and it's always up to date. Nevertheless, I was running an
    > extra check, but I found no virus.
    >
    > Has anybody any idea what could cause this problem? many thanks in
    > advance.

    Could be this:
    http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...?/10070145.htm

    SteveC