Can't connect Win2000 server to Netware 4.2 server - Netware

This is a discussion on Can't connect Win2000 server to Netware 4.2 server - Netware ; Hello, I am trying to connect from a Windows 2000 server to a Netware 4.2 server I installed the gateway with the proper NW server name. When I try to map a network unit F: I get back always unclear ...

  1. Can't connect Win2000 server to Netware 4.2 server

    Hello,
    I am trying to connect from a Windows 2000 server to a Netware 4.2 server
    I installed the gateway with the proper NW server name.
    When I try to map a network unit F: I get back always unclear and weird
    errors like
    missing credentials and so on.

    I tried also this unsuccesfully

    net use F: \\NWSERVER\VOL1 /user:administrator password
    ERROR 1219

    net use F: \\NWSERVER\VOL1 /user:cn=administrator password
    ERROR 1219

    net use F: \\NWSERVER\VOL1 /user:administrator.o=company password
    ERROR 5

    Any suggestion will be appreciated
    TIA

    --Helix

  2. Re: Can't connect Win2000 server to Netware 4.2 server

    Assuming:
    1) you're using the Netware Client V 4.9 on the Windows 2000 machine
    2) IPX or IP is running on the server
    3) Netware Client has IP or IP with IPX installed
    then
    use the Netware Services icon in the system tray to do a Netware Map of
    the drive instead of a Windows map of the drive (which is evidenced below).

    Terry

    Helix wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I am trying to connect from a Windows 2000 server to a Netware 4.2 server
    > I installed the gateway with the proper NW server name.
    > When I try to map a network unit F: I get back always unclear and weird
    > errors like
    > missing credentials and so on.
    >
    > I tried also this unsuccesfully
    >
    > net use F: \\NWSERVER\VOL1 /user:administrator password
    > ERROR 1219
    >
    > net use F: \\NWSERVER\VOL1 /user:cn=administrator password
    > ERROR 1219
    >
    > net use F: \\NWSERVER\VOL1 /user:administrator.o=company password
    > ERROR 5
    >
    > Any suggestion will be appreciated
    > TIA
    >
    > --Helix

  3. Re: Can't connect Win2000 server to Netware 4.2 server

    Helix wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I am trying to connect from a Windows 2000 server to a Netware 4.2 server
    > I installed the gateway with the proper NW server name.
    > When I try to map a network unit F: I get back always unclear and weird
    > errors like
    > missing credentials and so on.
    >
    > I tried also this unsuccesfully
    >
    > net use F: \\NWSERVER\VOL1 /user:administrator password
    > ERROR 1219
    >
    > net use F: \\NWSERVER\VOL1 /user:cn=administrator password
    > ERROR 1219
    >
    > net use F: \\NWSERVER\VOL1 /user:administrator.o=company password
    > ERROR 5
    >
    > Any suggestion will be appreciated
    > TIA
    >
    > --Helix

    Also check your frame type for IPX. Manually set it to whatever your
    server in on (at the NW server console, type CONFIG [enter] to see what
    frame types it's running).

    SteveC

+ Reply to Thread