DHCP problems after upgrade - Netware

This is a discussion on DHCP problems after upgrade - Netware ; After upgrading from SBS 5.1 to SBS 6 dhcp stopped working. It displays message on its window that it is started, but when I do (on Win XP machine): ipconfig /renew nothing happens, it times out after some time and ...

  1. DHCP problems after upgrade

    After upgrading from SBS 5.1 to SBS 6 dhcp stopped working. It
    displays message
    on its window that it is started, but when I do (on Win XP machine):

    ipconfig /renew

    nothing happens, it times out after some time and nothing is
    displayed on DHCPSRVR Debug Screen. When I set IP address of this Win
    XP machine manually
    it works ok and pings the server with no problems, what is wrong? why
    dhcp server is not working?

    John

  2. Re: DHCP problems after upgrade

    John,

    Check out that the NDS objects for the DHCP server are still OK. Use the
    DNS/DHCP management console to do this.

    If they are OK unload DHCPSRVR & reload it as DHCPSRVR -d2. This will
    give you a debug screen & you can see what it is or isn't doing.

    In article <353f0660.0310290138.4c67e519@posting.google.com>,
    john37@wp.pl writes
    >After upgrading from SBS 5.1 to SBS 6 dhcp stopped working. It
    >displays message
    >on its window that it is started, but when I do (on Win XP machine):
    >
    >ipconfig /renew
    >
    >nothing happens, it times out after some time and nothing is
    >displayed on DHCPSRVR Debug Screen. When I set IP address of this Win
    >XP machine manually
    >it works ok and pings the server with no problems, what is wrong? why
    >dhcp server is not working?
    >
    >John

    Keith Bailey
    Computer Manager