NLSP & SLP - Netware

This is a discussion on NLSP & SLP - Netware ; We have problems with broadcast traffic on a very large flat network with 9 NW6 servers. Among other thins we need to reduce rip & sap broadcasts. Can somone tell me the difference between implementing NLSP & implementing SLP? Do ...

  1. NLSP & SLP

    We have problems with broadcast traffic on a very large flat network
    with 9 NW6 servers.

    Among other thins we need to reduce rip & sap broadcasts.

    Can somone tell me the difference between implementing NLSP &
    implementing SLP?
    Do I need to do both, or just one?

    How complicated will this be?

    Thanks

  2. Re: NLSP & SLP

    On 17 Oct 2003 14:03:30 -0700, climb_scotland@yahoo.co.uk (Munro)
    wrote:

    >We have problems with broadcast traffic on a very large flat network
    >with 9 NW6 servers.

    What problems are you having? Are you sure that the broadcast traffic
    is the cause of your problem?

    >Can somone tell me the difference between implementing NLSP &
    >implementing SLP?
    >Do I need to do both, or just one?

    NLSP is for IPX traffic and replaces RIP.

    SLP is for TCP/IP traffic and replaces SAP.

    >How complicated will this be?

    Depends what you want to do?

    regards
    Marcus