Configuring TCP/IP on Netware 5 - Netware

This is a discussion on Configuring TCP/IP on Netware 5 - Netware ; I tried configuring an IP address with INETCFG, but there was no where to configure it. There was only a place to enable TCP/IP, which I did. What else do I need to do to configure TCP/IP? Thank you for ...

  1. Configuring TCP/IP on Netware 5

    I tried configuring an IP address with INETCFG, but there was no where
    to configure it. There was only a place to enable TCP/IP, which I did.
    What else do I need to do to configure TCP/IP? Thank you for any help.

    Shawn Fletcher

  2. Re: Configuring TCP/IP on Netware 5

    "Shawn Fletcher" wrote in message
    > I tried configuring an IP address with INETCFG, but there was no where
    > to configure it. There was only a place to enable TCP/IP, which I did.
    > What else do I need to do to configure TCP/IP? Thank you for any help.
    >
    > Shawn Fletcher

    Have a look at the BINDINGS option within INETCFG
    This is where you can bind an address to a specific NIC...

    HTH,
    Dave

  3. Re: Configuring TCP/IP on Netware 5

    Shawn Fletcher wrote:
    > I tried configuring an IP address with INETCFG, but there was no where
    > to configure it. There was only a place to enable TCP/IP, which I did.
    > What else do I need to do to configure TCP/IP? Thank you for any help.
    >
    > Shawn Fletcher

    I can't claim to know much in this area, so I may be way off base, but
    isn't ibmcom\protocol.ini the place to specify an IP address? ...and I
    think protocol.ini is created by running tcpip\bin\tcpcfg.exe, which
    asks you what protocols you want to use and what NIC you have.
    Afterward, take a look at protocol.ini for a parameter

    NETADDRESS = "00nnnnnnnnnn";

    if that parameter isn't there, add it, substituting your NIC's IP address.

    Here's an portion of my protocol.ini:

    [odi2ndi_nif]

    DriverName = odi2ndi$
    Bindings = IBMEANDI_nif
    NETADDRESS = "00nnnnnnnnnn" where the n's = your NIC IP address
    TOKEN-RING_SNAP = "no"
    ETHERNET_802.3 = "yes"
    ETHERNET_802.2 = "yes"
    ETHERNET_II = "yes"
    ETHERNET_SNAP = "no"
    TRACE = 0x0

  4. Re: Configuring TCP/IP on Netware 5

    Shawn Fletcher wrote in message news:...
    > I tried configuring an IP address with INETCFG, but there was no where
    > to configure it. There was only a place to enable TCP/IP, which I did.
    > What else do I need to do to configure TCP/IP? Thank you for any help.
    >
    > Shawn Fletcher

    Shawn,

    After you have configured TCP/IP under Protocols, you need to go to
    bindings, press the insert key and select tcp/ip. You'll be able to
    enter the ip address info and bind it to the nic.

    be sure to reinitialize the system after you complete the
    configuraiton.

    HTH

    Mike O'Doherty

+ Reply to Thread