My mac users get the following error when they attempt to change their
passwords on our Netware 6 SR1 server.

"Your password could not be changed. Please try again or contact your
server administrator."

I've checked. "Allow user to change password" is checked for all users.

These are the instructions we are attempting to use:

1. In Mac OS 8 or 9, click the Apple menu > Chooser > AppleTalk >
Server IP Address.

In Mac OS X, click Go > Connect to Server.

2. Type 192.168.0.3 then click Connect.

3. Enter the username.

4. Click Change Password.

5. Type the old password and the new password, then click OK.

6. Re-enter password for confirmation.

A maximum of eight characters is allowed for passwords. Passwords longer
than eight characters are truncated to eight characters.