Win2k login into netware 4.11 over internet - Netware

This is a discussion on Win2k login into netware 4.11 over internet - Netware ; Can somebody explain to me how one goes about logging a windows 2000 machine into a netware 4.11 server over a high speed internet connection(ADSL)? location 1 - server: netware 4.11 sp6, static IP adsl location 2 - client(external to ...

  1. Win2k login into netware 4.11 over internet

    Can somebody explain to me how one goes about logging a windows 2000
    machine into a netware 4.11 server over a high speed internet
    connection(ADSL)?

    location 1 - server: netware 4.11 sp6, static IP adsl
    location 2 - client(external to site): win2k pro, netware client 4.9,
    dhcp adsl

    I see dial up options, but nothing else...

    ....be gentle, I know not what I'm doing.

    THanks!!

  2. Re: Win2k login into netware 4.11 over internet

    mssucks2000@hotmail.com (BigBadJap) wrote in message news:...

    > Can somebody explain to me how one goes about logging a windows 2000
    > machine into a netware 4.11 server over a high speed internet
    > connection(ADSL)?
    >
    > location 1 - server: netware 4.11 sp6, static IP adsl
    > location 2 - client(external to site): win2k pro, netware client 4.9,
    > dhcp adsl
    >
    > I see dial up options, but nothing else...

    Hi,

    Does one not need to bring VPN or Radius/BMAS/Authentication Services
    into the equation?

    What about trying over at the Novell Client Forums?

    WinNT/2k/XP

    Regards,

    ***
    Russell Cohen
    Cool Solutions Advisory Board Member

  3. Re: Win2k login into netware 4.11 over internet

    On 3 Oct 2003 15:45:05 -0700, mssucks2000@hotmail.com (BigBadJap)
    wrote:

    >location 1 - server: netware 4.11 sp6, static IP adsl
    >location 2 - client(external to site): win2k pro, netware client 4.9,
    >dhcp adsl
    >
    >I see dial up options, but nothing else...

    Assuming that there is no filtering of ports between the client and
    the server:

    * Establish a connection to the Internet

    * Put the IP address of the server in the "Server" box on the Novell
    client

    * Log in...

    regards
    Marcus

  4. Re: Win2k login into netware 4.11 over internet

    wrote in message

    > On 3 Oct 2003 15:45:05 -0700, mssucks2000@hotmail.com (BigBadJap)
    > wrote:
    >
    > >location 1 - server: netware 4.11 sp6, static IP adsl
    > >location 2 - client(external to site): win2k pro, netware client 4.9,
    > >dhcp adsl
    > >
    > >I see dial up options, but nothing else...

    > Assuming that there is no filtering of ports between the client and
    > the server:
    >
    > * Establish a connection to the Internet
    >
    > * Put the IP address of the server in the "Server" box on the Novell
    > client
    >
    > * Log in...

    Can you log into a NW4.11 box nativly over IP?
    Though it had to be nw5 or higher....

    TTFN,
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread