help! Getting a list of context names - Netware

This is a discussion on help! Getting a list of context names - Netware ; Hey Guys, I am new at netware programming so I will apologize for my ignorance. I am running Novel Client 4.83 SP2. I am trying to develop a netware tool login box kind of like the netware login. I am ...

  1. help! Getting a list of context names

    Hey Guys,

    I am new at netware programming so I will apologize for my ignorance.

    I am running Novel Client 4.83 SP2.

    I am trying to develop a netware tool login box kind of like the
    netware login.

    I am able to get a list of trees and put them into a combo box.

    But I am not trying to get a list of context for that tree. Any clues?
    It appears that the word "context" is severely overloaded in netware
    so I am having a difficult time finding the information.

    Also, next step is to get the servers off of the list of context so
    any clues would be much appreciated.

    I am using Delphi but also have the c libraries.

    Thanks again for any info.

    -Markus

  2. Re: help! Getting a list of context names

    On 2 Sep 2003 14:17:52 -0700, mrissmann@yahoo.com (Mark_R) graced us
    with:

    Markus-

    Have you been to developer.novell.com? I'm sure they can help you.

    subdude

    >Hey Guys,
    >
    >I am new at netware programming so I will apologize for my ignorance.
    >
    >I am running Novel Client 4.83 SP2.
    >
    >I am trying to develop a netware tool login box kind of like the
    >netware login.
    >
    >I am able to get a list of trees and put them into a combo box.
    >
    >But I am not trying to get a list of context for that tree. Any clues?
    >It appears that the word "context" is severely overloaded in netware
    >so I am having a difficult time finding the information.
    >
    >Also, next step is to get the servers off of the list of context so
    >any clues would be much appreciated.
    >
    >I am using Delphi but also have the c libraries.
    >
    >Thanks again for any info.
    >
    >-Markus

  3. Re: help! Getting a list of context names

    mrissmann@yahoo.com (Mark_R) wrote in message news:<7a1f4dab.0309021317.2627c678@posting.google.com>...

    > I am new at netware programming so I will apologize for my ignorance.
    >
    > I am running Novel Client 4.83 SP2.
    >
    > I am trying to develop a netware tool login box kind of like the
    > netware login.
    >
    > I am able to get a list of trees and put them into a combo box.
    >
    > But I am not trying to get a list of context for that tree. Any clues?
    > It appears that the word "context" is severely overloaded in netware
    > so I am having a difficult time finding the information.
    >
    > Also, next step is to get the servers off of the list of context so
    > any clues would be much appreciated.
    >
    > I am using Delphi but also have the c libraries.

    If you're still looking for answers on this one, you might want to try
    re-posting at the Novell Developer Support Forums:

    Developer Support Forums
    http://developer.novell.com/ndk/devforums.htm

    --
    Russell Cohen