roaming profile problems - Netware

This is a discussion on roaming profile problems - Netware ; Hi, i hope i'm at the right place. We have a netware 5 server and also a couple of windows xp home edition workstations. The client we're using is 4.83SP2. I'm having problems logging onto the machines. Roaming doesn't work. ...

  1. roaming profile problems

    Hi,

    i hope i'm at the right place. We have a netware 5 server and also a couple
    of windows xp home edition workstations.
    The client we're using is 4.83SP2. I'm having problems logging onto the
    machines. Roaming doesn't work. This means im my case that logging onto the
    workstation is a pain in the XXXX. After netware logging the system asks for
    windows logon. Sometimes this works but most of the time it doesn't, while
    there are users created on the system.

    One of the system used to work fine (this was the netware client SP1), but
    stupid me I've upgraded to 4.83SP2 and now the roaming has not been updated
    correctly.

    The novell network client is showing that workstation manager is enabled and
    the client is authenticating to theNDS tree.

    I've configured a NTuser object in nwadmn32 (netadmin for netware) and 'use
    intranetware credentials' is checked. The associations to the users are
    valid. The user's home directory is used as the path.

    I hope I've explained the situation correctly.

    What am i doing wrong?

    thnx in advance

  2. Re: roaming profile problems

    boem wrote:
    : Hi,

    Lo

    : i hope i'm at the right place.

    Which place would that be? [5 X posts]

    XXXX.

    It's ok you can curse freely here.

    Are you the Admin?
    --
    Keyser Soze

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    One can always be kind to people
    about whom one cares nothing. OW

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    WARNING:
    *linux makes you stupid as confirmed by linux**** Peter Köhlmann*
    21/07/2003 13:09 Re: Question for linux geeks...
    Peter Köhlmanns claim *"Linux may very well make you stupid"*
    Peter Köhlmanns supporting argument "but just watch what windows does to
    you!"
    Peter Köhlmanns sig 'Idiot'.

  3. Re: roaming profile problems

    boem wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > i hope i'm at the right place.

    Which of all the groups you posted to are you talking about?

    Get ****ed in advance.

    --
    There is no end to human stupidity.
    http://kadaitcha.kicks-ass.org:83