SETTING DATE AND Time sync off on NETWARE 6.5 HELP! - Netware

This is a discussion on SETTING DATE AND Time sync off on NETWARE 6.5 HELP! - Netware ; hi all with "set time" on console I can change time but how can I chabnge the date? now april 10 but server shows april 9. how can I disable time sync, meaning if I login to the server i ...

  1. SETTING DATE AND Time sync off on NETWARE 6.5 HELP!

    hi all

    with "set time" on console I can change time but how can I chabnge the
    date?

    now april 10 but server shows april 9.

    how can I disable time sync, meaning if I login to the server i do not
    want server clock to be used on local PC

    netware 6.5

    Please help
    thanks
    Bubo

  2. Re: SETTING DATE AND Time sync off on NETWARE 6.5 HELP!

    On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 00:58:47 -0700 (PDT), replicator wrote:
    > with "set time" on console I can change time but how can I chabnge the
    > date?

    You should't do it that way. You should use "set timesync time adjustment"
    to correct the date and time.

    > how can I disable time sync, meaning if I login to the server i do not
    > want server clock to be used on local PC

    That is a client setting. You don't control that from the server.

    --
    | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
    | There is nothing so small that it can't be blown out of proportion. |

  3. Re: SETTING DATE AND Time sync off on NETWARE 6.5 HELP!

    some PC have DOS 6.22 and uses ODI driver to go to novell. How can I
    disaple time sync?
    Should I write something into net.cfg?

    Please don't ask why we use DOS 6.22

    > That is a client setting. You don't control that from the server.
    >
    > --
    > | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com|
    > | There is nothing so small that it can't be blown out of proportion. |
    > | Email address is a spam trap. Visit the web site for contact info. |

  4. Re: SETTING DATE AND Time sync off on NETWARE 6.5 HELP!

    On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:51:15 -0700 (PDT), replicator wrote:
    > some PC have DOS 6.22 and uses ODI driver to go to novell. How can I
    > disaple time sync?
    > Should I write something into net.cfg?

    Yes.

    It's been a while since I last worked with the DOS/ODI drivers, but a
    check of Novell's documentation archive says:

    Set Station Time on on, off Synchronizes the client's
    time and date with the
    time and date on the NetWare
    server that the client
    attaches to first.

    (http://www.novell.com/documentation/client/index.html)

    > Please don't ask why we use DOS 6.22

    Nothing wrong with it. If it's working, use it.

    --
    | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
    | It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. |

  5. Re: SETTING DATE AND Time sync off on NETWARE 6.5 HELP!

    Thanks for all the help!

    > time and date on the NetWare
    > server that the client
    > attaches to first.
    >
    > (http://www.novell.com/documentation/client/index.html)
    >
    > > Please don't ask why we use DOS 6.22

    > Nothing wrong with it. If it's working, use it.
    >
    > --
    > | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com|
    > | It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. |
    > | Email address is a spam trap. Visit the web site for contact info. |

+ Reply to Thread