NW312 /NW32 Install question ( License) - Netware

This is a discussion on NW312 /NW32 Install question ( License) - Netware ; All: We have a NW312 server running a critical application, scheduled for replacement early in 2008. The disk subsystem is failing and I need to have a backup server on hand should it die before the new application is ready ...

  1. NW312 /NW32 Install question ( License)

    All:
    We have a NW312 server running a critical application, scheduled for
    replacement early in 2008. The disk subsystem is failing and I need to
    have a backup server on hand should it die before the new application
    is ready for prime time.
    To that end, I purchased on eBay a set of NW3.2 MLA diskettes. My plan
    is to build another server, install the 3.2 enhancement package, bring
    both servers online simultaneously and copy over the bTrieve db files
    from production to replacement server.

    It's been awhile, a long while, since I had hands on NW3x and I need
    some help.
    I will boot from the NW312 server diskette
    load server.exe
    load the disk driver
    load install.nlm
    format the disk for nw and create a SYS partition.
    I'll then copy SYSTEM and PUBLIC files from the CD ( what do I need to
    load to talk to the CD?)
    ?? at what point do I load the NW32 MLA 250 user license ??

    thanks in advance, this is a real blast for us here.

  2. Re: NW312 /NW32 Install question ( License)

    On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 11:07:10 -0700, HulloSon wrote:
    > It's been awhile, a long while, since I had hands on NW3x and I need
    > some help.
    > I will boot from the NW312 server diskette
    > load server.exe

    From what I recall, and it's been quite a while, the license is contained
    within server.exe, so this is all you have to do.

    > I'll then copy SYSTEM and PUBLIC files from the CD ( what do I need to
    > load to talk to the CD?)

    It's just like any other disk. You'd need a supported *.dsk driver. It
    will probably be easier to get a DOS driver working, mount the CD that
    way, and tell it to copy the files from the (DOS) device, rather than
    trying to get the CD hardware working under NetWare.

    --
    | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
    | The shadowy figure seems to be trying to get your attention. |

+ Reply to Thread