backup database truncate string - Mozilla

This is a discussion on backup database truncate string - Mozilla ; Hello: I'm trying to move my old bugs from a bugzilla database 2.18 version to a new install in a new machine with 3.4.4. We have some problems with database and I have to do some ALTER TABLE sentences but ...

  1. backup database truncate string

    Hello:

    I'm trying to move my old bugs from a bugzilla database 2.18 version
    to a new install in a new machine with 3.4.4. We have some problems
    with database and I have to do some ALTER TABLE sentences but finally
    I have been able to export/import my old database.

    But when I consult my bugs I see that the bug's short description and
    descripton is truncated when a accent appears in the string. I did the
    followings points to export/import database:

    1.- mysqldump --opt --password=sockmonkey --user=bugs bugs
    >bugzilla_backup.sql

    2.- Copy old localconfig to new bugzilla installation.

    3.- mysql -u root -p --execute="DROP DATABASE bugs; CREATE DATABASE
    bugs CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;"

    4.- mysql -u root -p --max_allowed_packet=16M bugs <
    bugzilla_backup.sql

    5.- Run checksetup.pl again

    Can I solve this string truncating?

    Thanks a lot!!

  2. Re: backup database truncate string

    On 11 feb, 16:33, Eric Black wrote:
    > > "when I did the same sort of upgrade it helped with most problems"

    > I should have mentioned that my upgrade was Bugzilla 2.18.3 to 3.2.3 and mysql 5...

    My upgrade is Bugzilla 2.18 to 3.4.4 and mysql 4.1....
    My mysql charset is latin1. I try running:

    recode.pl charset="ISO-8859-1"

    but the bug's description and short_desc are truncated when a accent
    or special character appears (like "")...

+ Reply to Thread