where can i find simple example of Mozilla plug-in that mimic firebugelement inspection function - Mozilla

This is a discussion on where can i find simple example of Mozilla plug-in that mimic firebugelement inspection function - Mozilla ; Hello all im interested to learn how does firebug implement the "element inspection function" i do not have experience in firefox development but i am experience developer . im trying to avoid divining into firebug source code . because im ...

  1. where can i find simple example of Mozilla plug-in that mimic firebugelement inspection function

    Hello all
    im interested to learn how does firebug implement the "element
    inspection function" i do not have experience in firefox development
    but i am experience developer . im trying to avoid divining into
    firebug source code . because im need only in this function . what
    will be the fastest way to learn how to do this ?

  2. Re: where can i find simple example of Mozilla plug-in that mimicfirebug element inspection function

    On Feb 19, 5:20*am, umen wrote:
    > Hello all
    > im interested to learn how does firebug implement the "element
    > inspection function" i do not have experience in firefox development
    > but i am experience developer . im trying to avoid divining into
    > firebug source code . because im need only in this function . what
    > will be the fastest way to learn how to do this ?

    Hi! I did something particulary intersting related to your question.
    It's a screen scrapping tool. The user selects elements on pages by
    clicking on them. The "trick" is quite simple, just call
    addEventListener on document root, and pass the third param as true.

    The newly attached listener will capture all events of child nodes
    inside the entire document. So you can highlight the current element
    which mouse is over, and do something else when the element receives a
    mouse click. All the events are reported with the element.

    Best regards.
    Davi

+ Reply to Thread