I am trying to write my first extension for Firefox, and it seems to
be mostly complete except for one detail which creates an
inconvenience for the end user. Basically if I use SQLite Manager to
makes the changes manually to the places.sqlite file, then the changes
seem to take effect immediately. Where, if I do the same thing (with
similar code) using my extension, the changes are not seen in the
bookmarks menu until Firefox is restarted.

Is there a command that might force firefox to refresh it's self by
looking at the places.sqlite file?