Problem with "Find update" button in the add-ons manager - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Problem with "Find update" button in the add-ons manager - Mozilla ; Hello, I have a problem with “find update” button for extension updates. Actually, the button “find update” (when you right click an extension in the add-ons manager) appears disable, whereas I have well in my install.rdf put the following lines: ...

  1. Problem with "Find update" button in the add-ons manager

    Hello,

    I have a problem with “find update” button for extension updates.
    Actually, the button “find update” (when you right click an extension
    in the add-ons manager) appears disable, whereas I have well in my
    install.rdf put the following lines:

    http://www.mywebsite.com/update.rdf
    …my_key…

    You can see a printscreen here : http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1306/updatesba.jpg

    Notice that I have installed my extension using the register, by
    entering a new string value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla
    \Firefox\Extensions
    (https://developer.mozilla.org/en/
    Adding_Extensions_using_the_Windows_Registry)

    I have noticed that if I install the extension by placing it in the
    folder
    “C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Application Data\\Extensions
    \“ the “Find updates” button appears enable.

    Why is this happening? Have someone also experiment this issue? How to
    solve it?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

  2. Re: Problem with "Find update" button in the add-ons manager

    Thanks for your answer Neil,

    >I don't think Firefox tries to update extensions installed using the registry.

    Thus, there is no way to update extensions that have been installed
    using registry?

    Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread