Extension stopped showing in 3.6 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Extension stopped showing in 3.6 - Mozilla ; I was trying to develop an extension for my work. It was fully working until i had the firefox update. Now i cant seem to find the problem I pasted it here http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?diff=mbf3306f Thanks in advance, Ghokun...

  1. Extension stopped showing in 3.6

    I was trying to develop an extension for my work. It was fully working
    until i had the firefox update. Now i cant seem to find the problem

    I pasted it here http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?diff=mbf3306f

    Thanks in advance,

    Ghokun

  2. Re: Extension stopped showing in 3.6

    Also the file structure was like this

    +- tubitak/
    +- chrome/
    +- install.rdf
    +- chrome/
    +- content/
    +- tubitak.xul
    +- tubitak.js
    +- skin/
    +- tubitak.css
    +- favicon.png
    +- forms.png
    +- tools.png
    +- information.png
    +- view-source.png

  3. Re: Extension stopped showing in 3.6

    On 12 Şubat, 11:34, Gijs Kruitbosch wrote:
    > On 12/02/2010 09:05 AM, Ghokun wrote:
    >
    > > I was trying to develop an extension for my work. It was fully working
    > > until i had the firefox update. Now i cant seem to find the problem

    > > I pasted it herehttp://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?diff=mbf3306f

    > > Thanks in advance,

    > > Ghokun

    > Maybe explain what exactly wasn't working? Which Firefox update (so what was the
    > old and what was the new version)? I'm not about to read through that much code
    > and take random guesses, sorry. (and I doubt anyone else on this newsgroup is
    > going to do so, either)
    >
    > ~ Gijs

    Thanks for the reply Gijs.

    Firefox updated from 3.5 to 3.6.

    I was able to install and use the toolbar functions in 3.5 version.
    After 3.6 update I am also able to install the toolbar however it is
    not visible anymore. Also it is not in the view/toolbars list.

    Ghokun

  4. Re: Extension stopped showing in 3.6

    On 12 Şubat, 14:07, Axel Grude wrote:
    > On 12/02/10 09:44, Ghokun wrote:

    > >> Maybe explain what exactly wasn't working? Which Firefox update (so what was the
    > >> old and what was the new version)? I'm not about to read through that much code
    > >> and take random guesses, sorry. (and I doubt anyone else on this newsgroup is
    > >> going to do so, either)

    > >> ~ Gijs

    > > Thanks for the reply Gijs.

    > > Firefox updated from 3.5 to 3.6.

    > > I was able to install and use the toolbar functions in 3.5 version.
    > > After 3.6 update I am also able to install the toolbar however it is
    > > not visible anymore. Also it is not in the view/toolbars list.

    > > Ghokun

    > Ghokun,
    >
    > please install console2 and check whether there are any error messages
    > related to your extension.
    >
    > Then take a look here:http://blog.mozilla.com/addons/2009/...p-a-firefox-ex...
    > for setting up your environment.
    >
    > Also, check with DOM inspector whether you can find it in the list of
    > objects by searching for its id.
    >
    > hope this helps
    > Axel

    Thanks Axel. Console2 found the problem.

    Whenever I use this link it says something like not regularly
    designed.
    'http://www.tubitak.gov.tr/home.do?ot=1&sid=2'
    ^ here

+ Reply to Thread