XMLHttpRequest - Mozilla

This is a discussion on XMLHttpRequest - Mozilla ; Hi, I am developing my first addon. I am trying to get some data from the server. I found out that we cannot use web services so now I am planning to use XMLHttpRequest Object. I read articles about how ...

  1. XMLHttpRequest

    Hi, I am developing my first addon. I am trying to get some data from
    the server. I found out that we cannot use web services so now I am
    planning to use XMLHttpRequest Object. I read articles about how to
    implement it on the addon but how should it be on the server side? how
    should it return the data?

    Any guidance is highly appriciated.

    Thank you,
    Hiren

  2. Re: XMLHttpRequest

    Thanks John, But how should I return the data?

  3. Re: XMLHttpRequest

    I need to query the database based on the data received from the
    httprequest. My question is very naive. How will the server answer to
    the request? using 'return', 'send' 'respond.something' or how?

    I am planning to use XHTML for the format but also go for JSON. Once i
    know how will the server respond, I can play around with formats.

    Thank you,
    Hiren

  4. Re: XMLHttpRequest

    Pardon my ignorance, I am not a bad programmer, sometimes when u r
    using modern tools u happen to miss some fundamentals. Can you please
    suggest some server side example?

    Thank you so much,
    Hiren

+ Reply to Thread