BasicPlugin example - Mozilla

This is a discussion on BasicPlugin example - Mozilla ; I'm still trying to figure out why my plugin doesn't work, so, I'm looking at mozilla's BasicPlugin. I compiled it, put it in /Library/ Internet Plug-Ins and loaded the following HTML: without the plugin, it asked for a plugin. With ...

  1. BasicPlugin example

    I'm still trying to figure out why my plugin doesn't work, so, I'm
    looking at mozilla's BasicPlugin. I compiled it, put it in /Library/
    Internet Plug-Ins and loaded the following HTML:

    without the plugin, it asked for a plugin. With the plugin it just
    gives me a blank screen. A printf I added into NPP_New never seems to
    get printed to the (mac) console.

    I haven't seen any instructions on how to actually TEST the plugin,
    much less what it's actualy supposed to do, so I'm not sure what I'm
    doing wrong.

    any hints?

  2. Re: BasicPlugin example

    On Feb 3, 3:57*pm, Gino wrote:
    > You have to use a compiled version of Minefield (3.7+) to test it.
    > That's because the 3.6 doesn't support the info.plist system.

    What? Actually I just got a (newer?) version to run. It has what
    appears to be unimportant differences, but this one at least runs.

    Still not sure why mine doesn't run.

+ Reply to Thread