Re: URL needed again For SeaMonkey 2.0.3 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: URL needed again For SeaMonkey 2.0.3 - Mozilla ; Interesting, because the 2.0.2 update manager keeps insisting I update to 2.0.3, which fails. Selecting Details or More Information results in the appropriate pages http://www.seamonkey-project.org/rel...2.0.3/#install but the download link points to 2.0.2 I don't know if this is due to ...

  1. Re: URL needed again For SeaMonkey 2.0.3

    Interesting, because the 2.0.2 update manager keeps insisting I update
    to 2.0.3, which fails.

    Selecting Details or More Information results in the appropriate pages
    http://www.seamonkey-project.org/rel...2.0.3/#install
    but the download link points to 2.0.2

    I don't know if this is due to the fact that I had originally
    installed 2.x when it was in beta, but if it isn't, there may be some
    confused users out there.

  2. Re: URL needed again For SeaMonkey 2.0.3

    On Feb 8, 2:15*am, Gerd Klaus Hafenbrack wrote:
    > Entropy wrote:
    >
    > * > Selecting Details or More Information results in the appropriate pages
    >
    > >http://www.seamonkey-project.org/rel...2.0.3/#install
    > > but the download link points to 2.0.2

    > Because this page is the release version.
    > Version 2.0.3 is not yet released.

    Let me try explaining again. This all hinges on the concept, "2.0.2
    update manager keeps insisting I update
    to 2.0.3, which fails."

    I understand it is still a release candidate, and I found it easily
    enough in the repository. Point is, the automated Update Manager was
    initiating this process. I was not manually searching for the update.

    I also understand the existence of the information and download page,
    which is there awaiting the final release.

    What I don't understand is why the Update Manager is automatically
    notifying and recommending download of the RC when it is not actually
    available to the automated process, and is not yet out of testing.

    My only speculations are:
    - This occurs because I originally installed during beta testing for
    2.x
    - This is occurring for all users who installed after public release
    due to some configuration error in notification, and will likely cause
    confusion.

    Not a problem for me, I figured it out, and am simply reporting it. My
    concern is for the average user. (In fact, I know that SM is currently
    being tested in one corporate setting of which I am aware. I suspect
    the behavior would not impress.)

    -Behavior-

    Software Update
    Update available

    A security and stability update for SeaMonkey is available:

    SeaMonkey 2.0.3

    It is strongly recommended that you apply this update for
    SeaMonkey as soon as possible.

    Software Update
    Software license agreement

    Please read the following license agreement. Use the scroll
    bar to view the rest of the agreement.

    ! The license file for this version could not be found.
    Please visit the SeaMonkey homepage for more
    information.

    Repeat of first modal dialog box.
    (Select update again, and it downloads.)

    Software Update
    Update Ready to Install

    The update will be installed the next time SeaMonkey starts.
    You can restart SeaMonkey now, or continue working and
    restart later.

    ('Restart SeaMonkey' clicked)

    Software Update
    Update Failed

    The partial Update could not be applied. SeaMonkey will try
    again by downloading a complete update.

    ('Next' clicked. Download procedure starts again...)

  3. Re: URL needed again For SeaMonkey 2.0.3

    OK, Thanks Robert.

    That is all I was getting at. And thank you also for the additional
    info. I simply did not know if there was a beta test flag set in the
    browser, as such.

    Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread