can't delete unwanted site user id - Mozilla

This is a discussion on can't delete unwanted site user id - Mozilla ; I had to change my login id on one admin site that I use frequently. Login id and password are stored by Fx. When I go to the site, the obsolete user id - which is alphabetically earlier than the ...

  1. can't delete unwanted site user id

    I had to change my login id on one admin site that I use frequently.
    Login id and password are stored by Fx. When I go to the site, the
    obsolete user id - which is alphabetically earlier than the new one -
    always shows up in the login window, so I have to delete it and type
    the first letter of the current id instead. Although the new id and
    associated password are visible under saved passwords in Tools |
    Options, the old one doesn't show up anywhere in that list as far as I
    can tell. (I have searched by userid, by URL, ... .) Where could the
    old id be being stored? How can I get rid of it?

    TIA.

    David

  2. Re: can't delete unwanted site user id

    On 19 Feb, 08:17, Ron Hunter wrote:
    > On 2/19/2010 2:11 AM, David_himself wrote:
    >
    > > I had to change my login id on one admin site that I use frequently.
    > > Login id and password are stored by Fx. *When I go to the site, the
    > > obsolete user id - which is alphabetically earlier than the new one -
    > > always shows up in the login window, so I have to delete it and type
    > > the first letter of the current id instead. *Although the new id and
    > > associated password are visible under saved passwords in Tools |
    > > Options, the old one doesn't show up anywhere in that list as far as I
    > > can tell. *(I have searched by userid, by URL, ... .) *Where could the
    > > old id be being stored? *How can I get rid of it?

    > > TIA.

    > > David

    > It is really easy to miss the line at the top of the screen asking if
    > you want to remember the new password. *It should be in RED, not pale
    > yellow! *Is it possible that the site stores its password in a cookie?
    > That would explain it not being in the password list.
    >
    > --
    > Ron Hunter -- rphun...@charter.net

    Cookie! Of course. Duh. Problem sorted. Thank you.

    David

+ Reply to Thread