Re: Does anyone know the purpose of this empty FF folder?{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384} - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Does anyone know the purpose of this empty FF folder?{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384} - Mozilla ; On Feb 12, 1:18*am, goodwin wrote: > On 02/11/2010 08:13 PM Jack scribbled: > > > On my XP machine it is located here: > > > C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application > > Data\Mozilla\Extensions\{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384} > > > I have searched the ...

  1. Re: Does anyone know the purpose of this empty FF folder?{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}

    On Feb 12, 1:18*am, goodwin wrote:
    > On 02/11/2010 08:13 PM Jack scribbled:
    >
    > > On my XP machine it is located here:

    > > C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application
    > > Data\Mozilla\Extensions\{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}

    > > I have searched the web and newsgroups and there are 150,000 hits for:

    > > "{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}"

    > > but nothing to explain what this folder is used for.

    > > I tried to delete it but it reappeared after restarting FF.

    > > There's no great concern. I'm just curious as to it's purpose.

    > you tried to delete a file you didn't know - typical windoze user.

    You managed to insult 90+% of the population without any provocation.
    Typical a**hole. Instead of proving how much of one you can be, you
    should have instead proven your superior knowledge and answered the
    question. My tolerance for BS like that diminishes with age. If you
    can't contribute something positive to the discussion do everybody a
    favour and go find something else to do.

    JB

  2. Re: Does anyone know the purpose of this empty FF folder?{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}

    On Feb 12, 3:54*am, g wrote:
    > Fox on the run wrote:
    >

    > > You managed to insult 90+% of the population without any provocation.

    > ?? 90% ??
    >
    > just where do you get those figures? ms web site?

    http://marketshare.hitslink.com/os-m...e.aspx?qprid=9

    Now if you are talking about servers and other computers that are not
    used by end users, then the numbers are no doubt skewed less in favour
    of MS. But in the end user world, MS dominates the market.

    > get real, fort.
    >
    > there are not that many computer users that are still using windoze.

    What world do you live in? You lose credibility real quick when you
    try and deny the obvious.

    > unless you mean that goodwin insulted 90+% of windows users and that
    > 10% agree with with him.
    >
    > tho i would bet that it would be more like 90% where insulted because
    > he is right, and 10% are busy reinstalling windoze.
    >
    > > Typical a**hole.

    > not a sign of intelligences.

    I agree. I wasn't attempting to display intelligence. I was
    responding to goodwin at the level he took it.

    > > If you can't contribute something positive to the discussion do everybody
    > > a favour and go find something else to do.

    > and it tool you 32 minutes to reply with a productive answer?

    1 - I had to take a break in the middle of my answer to go use the
    washroom.
    2 - I took 20 minutes to pick my nose first and then started digging
    for an answer.
    3 - I figured I'd let him sweat it out a bit longer before telling him
    the answer.
    4 - Nobody told me this was a race!! I demand a video review!
    5 - Both my hands were severely burnt in a fire and I have to type
    using a pencil in my mouth.
    6 - I am in the advance stages of Parkinson's so it's very hard for me
    to type.
    7 - 32 minutes? Really? Good to know so I can enter that on my time
    sheet with Mozilla.
    8 - etc..

    What's your point? I didn't start replying right away, and when I
    did, I had to do some research and some testing in order to be
    confident in my answer. So what? Imagine if it had been #5 or #6.
    How would have felt then? What was the point of that other than the
    fact that you couldn't attack my answer so you pointed out how long it
    took me to answer it. At least I answered it. Let's build a timeline
    of how long it takes people to answer questions and see where 32
    minutes fits on that scale.

    By the way, thanks for acknowledging that it was a productive answer.
    Where's yours by the way? The clock is ticking...

    I've been around these forums long enough to know that you are a Linux
    advocate and work in the IT field and no doubt possess a lot of
    knowledge about a particular slice of technology. And I've been
    around computers long enough to know that you'll never know it all so
    to try and go blow for blow against someone else is futile as you'll
    eventually meet your match or run up against a slice of IT that you
    know very little about. You have your area which you know well and
    can share that knowledge with others, I have mine, goodwin has his,
    etc. Instead of trying to make someone feel stupid for asking a
    question like goodwin did we should be sharing what we know when we
    can. He got what he went looking for. He wanted to stir the pot with
    a negative comment and he succeeded. That's as much a negative
    reflection on those of us who stooped to his level as it is on him, I
    recognize that. But every now and then you have to get dirty in order
    to clean things up.

    > --
    >
    > peace out.
    >
    > tc,hago.

  3. Re: Does anyone know the purpose of this empty FF folder?{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}

    On Feb 12, 2:01*pm, g wrote:

    > as for any further replies on this 'ravel', for my part, this is it. slam
    > away if you wish.
    >
    > --
    >
    > peace out.
    >
    > tc,hago.

    I have no intention of slamming. That's not my style. I addressed
    what I perceive to be an unwarranted jab that extended way beyond just
    the OP, but included all MS users, which includes me. Regards my time
    having been better spent on the answer than the reply to goodwin, to
    be honest it was a minute or two of my time so I'm not going to split
    hairs over that one. Sure I could have exercised more restraint, and
    I considered it. But I didn't. The same could be said for you, why
    did you weight in on this? Same reason as me, you felt compelled to
    state your opinion.

    I re-read my post and I did raise the tone in my message. But these
    anti MS and anti IE jabs get old pretty quick. They are not perfect
    products, but you can't deny their contributions to the computing
    industry either (more positives than negatives). And in the hands of
    a capable IT person they are quite stable and secure. As I've stated
    before, the individual at the keyboard is the weakest link in your
    security model regardless what OS you are running.

    Linux is great, don't get me wrong. If you query my email address
    you'll see some of my postings on Fedora and CentOS lists, some going
    back to 2006 (far cry from your experience with Linux, but not a
    newbie either). And I prefer to boot into Linux on this machine than
    Windows simply because it works better (Windows side is overdue to be
    wiped and re-installed because it's primarily a testing ground for
    work so it gets ugly after a while). But like yourself my reality at
    work does not allow me to ignore Windows. In my case MS Windows is
    99.99% of what I deal with (in a different capacity than you) and I
    have absolutely no control over that. And although my IT background
    does not extend quite as far as yours and not in the same slice of the
    industry, it's still quite respectable and likewise I've forgotten
    more than I remember.

    Bottom line - none of us should be posting BS. I acknowledged in my
    last posting that I was as much to blame for this interruption because
    I injected myself into the conversation. I never denied that. But if
    you're going to travel down that path, expect to run into someone who
    will call you on it.

    Likewise I have no intention to continue on this tangent as it
    devalues the list.

    Back to our regularly scheduled program...

    JB

  4. Re: Ignorable Behavior -- was Re: Does anyone know the purpose ofthis empty FF folder? {ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}

    On Feb 12, 6:24*pm, Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > Fox on the run has written on 2/12/2010 1:06 PM:
    >
    > > On Feb 12, 2:01 pm, g wrote:

    > > > as for any further replies on this 'ravel', for my part, this is it. slam

    > > I have no intention of slamming. *That's not my style. *I addressed
    > > what I perceive to be an unwarranted jab that extended way beyond just
    > > the OP, but included all MS users, which includes me. *

    > Perhaps we should all think about the term "ignorable behavior"! :-) It
    > has been shown *that no amount of rational argumentation will get the OP
    > to change his position (not just you, "q") so why bother? With no
    >
    > Just my two cents.

    Just need to clarify, the jab was directed at the OP. The OP didn't
    do it (he did respond as I did, but he was not the instigator).

    JB

  5. Re: Does anyone know the purpose of this empty FF folder?{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}

    On Feb 13, 12:24*am, Chris Ilias wrote:
    > On 10-02-12 1:54 AM, g wrote:
    >

    > g, Jack,
    > I am removing both of your messages from the news server, as per
    > .
    > Personal insults are not tolerated in the Mozilla support newsgroups.
    >
    > --
    > Chris Ilias
    > Keeper of the Knowledge Base:

    No problem. Sorry I got a bit carried away on that one. I normally
    exercise more discretion than that in my postings.

+ Reply to Thread