Re: Finding the location of a bookmark - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Finding the location of a bookmark - Mozilla ; On Dec 17 2009, 6:44*pm, Bob Jamieson wrote: > An add on that does that, and instantly displays the result in a column > in the "Organize Bookmarks" window, is "Show Parent Folder". Cool. I had also been frustrated for ...

  1. Re: Finding the location of a bookmark

    wrote:
    > An add on that does that, and instantly displays the result in a column
    > in the "Organize Bookmarks" window, is "Show Parent Folder".

    Cool. I had also been frustrated for the longest time by the same
    issue as Howard, not knowing which bookmark folder a bookmark was in
    (after a search). I'm going to install Show Parent Folder and Go
    Parent Folder addons.

  2. Re: Finding the location of a bookmark

    On Feb 9, 9:51*pm, bucky3 wrote:
    > On Dec 17 2009, 6:44*pm, Bob Jamieson
    > wrote:
    >
    > > An add on that does that, and instantly displays the result in a column
    > > in the "Organize Bookmarks" window, is "Show Parent Folder".

    > Cool. I had also been frustrated for the longest time by the same
    > issue as Howard, not knowing which bookmark folder a bookmark was in
    > (after a search). I'm going to install Show Parent Folder and Go
    > Parent Folder addons.

    This issue has come up a few times. Another trick is to navigate to
    the bookmark in question, then click on the yellow star in the address
    bar. That will open up a dialog box to edit the bookmark. Within it
    you will see the folder in which that bookmark is located.

    JB

  3. Re: Finding the location of a bookmark

    On Feb 10, 3:50*pm, "David McRitchie" wrote:
    > "Fox on the run"
    >
    > > This issue [finding parent folder] has come up a few times. *Another trick is to navigate to
    > > the bookmark in question, then click on the yellow star in the address
    > > bar. *That will open up a dialog box to edit the bookmark. *Within it
    > > you will see the folder in which that bookmark is located. * *// *JB

    > Sometimes. * Just tried it *and it brought up *"Recently starred pages" on
    > the second try. * That particular one I always bring up with a Keyword
    > shortcut as an alias (no substitutions, no javascript). * I think I brought
    > it up from the location bar autocomplete (AwesomeBar) then from the
    > star to check it's properties once loaded.

    Works for me so far with the exception of instances where the bookmark
    hits a redirect to another page on the site. That redirect page is
    not in your bookmarks (or even if it is, that is not the URL you were
    trying to figure out the folder).

    JB

+ Reply to Thread