How to undo synchronization? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How to undo synchronization? - Mozilla ; Hi all. I just upgraded to Thunderbird 3. I have two IMAP accounts set up. It started synchronizing files to the local disk. I went into Account Settings and unchecked that option for both accounts, but it reported it was ...

  1. How to undo synchronization?

    Hi all. I just upgraded to Thunderbird 3. I have two IMAP accounts set
    up. It started synchronizing files to the local disk. I went into
    Account Settings and unchecked that option for both accounts, but it
    reported it was downloading messages for a while longer. It only
    stopped when I hit my space use quota. (My Thunderbird profile is on a
    network drive.)

    Make it delete (only) the local copies it's already pulled down?

    In the interest of full disclosure, I did re-check then re-uncheck the
    "keep messages for this account on this computer" checkbox in account
    settings, but both accounts have that unchecked now.

    Evan Driscoll

  2. Re: How to undo synchronization?

    On Feb 18, 12:24*pm, Evan Driscoll wrote:
    > [How do I] Make it delete (only) the local copies it's already pulled down?

    wsmwk answered my question on the IRC channel: "with thunderbird shut
    down, in \imapmail\\* ... delete all the
    files that match to folders"

    (And also warned that running TB3 over a network drive might be slow,
    but so far it seems fine to me.)

    Evan

+ Reply to Thread