TB 3 mark mail as read when opened - Mozilla

This is a discussion on TB 3 mark mail as read when opened - Mozilla ; I updated to TB 3. With TB 2 I could open a message in a new window and then this message was marked as read. Now in TB 3 I open a message (in a new tab or a new ...

  1. TB 3 mark mail as read when opened

    I updated to TB 3. With TB 2 I could open a message in a new window
    and then this message was marked as read. Now in TB 3 I open a message
    (in a new tab or a new window) and it's not marked as read. Is there a
    possibility to change this?

    I don't want to mark a message as read when it's displayed in the
    preview window, but it should be marked as read when I open it.

    Matthias

  2. Re: TB 3 mark mail as read when opened

    You're right, I want to mark a message as read when I OPEN it. That's
    the behavior in TB 2 (and many other mail clients).

    Matthias

  3. Re: TB 3 mark mail as read when opened

    On 14 Feb., 22:24, Darkman wrote:
    > The only way I have found to exhibit this behavior is to:
    >
    > Check automatically mark messages as read,
    > then, check after displaying for 2147483 seconds (the maximum)
    >
    > This bugs me too. And, it's kind of silly. You would think the
    > "Immediately on Display" would be redundant with "after displaying for 0
    > seconds", wouldn't ya. Techies...
    >
    > -DM

    Thank you, that works, but only when I open messages in a new window,
    not with a new tab. What a pity! But I think it's OK for me...

    Matthias

  4. Re: TB 3 mark mail as read when opened

    On Feb 15, 11:48*am, Matthias Schuppe wrote:
    > On 14 Feb., 22:24, Darkman wrote:
    >
    > > The only way I have found to exhibit this behavior is to:

    > > Check automatically mark messages as read,
    > > then, check after displaying for 2147483 seconds (the maximum)

    > > This bugs me too. And, it's kind of silly. You would think the
    > > "Immediately on Display" would be redundant with "after displaying for 0
    > > seconds", wouldn't ya. Techies...

    > > -DM

    > Thank you, that works, but only when I open messages in a new window,
    > not with a new tab. What a pity! But I think it's OK for me...
    >
    > Matthias

    This is really annoying. I am a new TB user, and i like it, but if i
    get busy, i may go days before i get to all of my emails. I like
    having them marked UNREAD until i get to them. It serves as
    reminder to me.....Any suggestions would be helpful....

    I guess i could set it up so all emails go to a separate folder and
    then i could move them as i read them.....but i am trying to make my
    life easier.....Any thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread