I CANNOT OPEN TBIRD - Mozilla

This is a discussion on I CANNOT OPEN TBIRD - Mozilla ; As soon as I try to open tbird, it says "Thunderbird is already running, but it not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Thunderbird process, or restart your system". I have tried restarting my ...

  1. I CANNOT OPEN TBIRD

    As soon as I try to open tbird, it says
    "Thunderbird is already running, but it not responding.
    To open a new window, you must first close the existing Thunderbird
    process,
    or restart your system".

    I have tried restarting my computer several times,
    and it keeps giving the same reading all the time.

    Any help please ?

    thank you

  2. Re: I CANNOT OPEN TBIRD

    On Feb 9, 4:59*pm, Nir wrote:
    > On Tuesday 09 February 2010 03:04 PM, John Doue wrote:
    >

    > > On 2/9/2010 10:59 AM, Alex Spiroglou wrote:
    > >> As soon as I try to open tbird, it says
    > >> "Thunderbird is already running, but it not responding.
    > >> To open a new window, you must first close the existing Thunderbird
    > >> process,
    > >> or restart your system".

    > >> I have tried restarting my computer several times,
    > >> and it keeps giving the same reading all the time.

    > >> Any help please ?

    > >> thank you

    > > I believe there are at least two possibilities:

    > > - the file parent.lock has not been deleted in your profile. Delete it.
    > > - somehow, TB does not find your profile where it thinks it is. Check
    > > profiles.ini in your \documents and settings\name of user\application
    > > data\mozilla\thunderbird directory.

    > .. also see
    >

    > *signature.asc
    > < 1KViewDownload

    Hi,

    I have tried restoring my files from the back up I have but its still
    not working,

    I have also deleted the Parent.lock file and made sure that the
    Profiles.ini file is there in its proper location. i-e documents and
    settings\name of user\application
    data\mozilla\thunderbird directory. Can you guide me what the problem
    would be and how to sort it out?

    Regards

+ Reply to Thread