Re: Character Encoding - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Character Encoding - Mozilla ; On Feb 4, 6:11*pm, Larry Gusaas wrote: > On 2010/02/04 4:39 PM *lafill wrote: > > > The problem is with some incoming mail. *The example I quoted,"all of > > the world�s water", was from an incoming message as ...

  1. Re: Character Encoding

    On Feb 4, 6:11*pm, Larry Gusaas wrote:
    > On 2010/02/04 4:39 PM *lafill wrote:
    >
    > > The problem is with some incoming mail. *The example I quoted,"all of
    > > the world�s water", was from an incoming message as I received it.
    > > When I go to options-character encoding, iso-8859-15 has a check mark.
    > > When I change the check mark to iso-8859-1 the apostrophe appears
    > > where it is supposed to be for that incoming message.

    > > I don't know why my posts are in different charsets. *I have
    > > iso-8859-1 selected as the default for both outgoing and incoming
    > > mail. *When I look at the character encoding for this post it is in
    > > iso-8859-1.

    > Change the default for incoming mail to "User Defined".
    >
    > --
    > Larry I. Gusaas
    > Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
    > Website:http://larry-gusaas.com
    > "An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." - Edgard Varese

    Thanks. I'll try it. Delay in replying because I wasn't monitoring
    Google groups for reply.

  2. Re: Character Encoding

    On Feb 7, 3:51*pm, Larry Gusaas wrote:
    > On 2010/02/07 3:09 PM *lafill wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks. *I'll try it. *Delay in replying because I wasn't monitoring
    > > Google groups for reply.

    > I'm curious about your comment about not monitoring Google groups since
    > I posted my response on this newgroup, not on Google groups.
    >
    > --
    > Larry I. Gusaas
    > Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
    > Website:http://larry-gusaas.com
    > "An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." - Edgard Varese

    I'm using Thunderbird as my Mozilla.Support.Thunderbird news group
    reader. Your posts don't show up there. They appear on Google Groups
    for Mozilla.Support.Thunderbird. I"m posting this on Google Groups.
    By the way, new incoming mail from the organizations that are a
    problem won't arrive until later in the week so I haven't yet been
    able to see if your suggestion helps.

+ Reply to Thread