Message body is getting changed - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Message body is getting changed - Mozilla ; Greetings, I am having a strange problem in Thunderbird 3.0. I am using Windows 7, if this information is useful. I am using thunderbird 3.0 to read emails. Occasionally, I also go to the web-browser to read the emails when ...

  1. Message body is getting changed

    Greetings,

    I am having a strange problem in Thunderbird 3.0. I am using Windows
    7, if this information is useful.

    I am using thunderbird 3.0 to read emails. Occasionally, I also go to
    the web-browser to read the emails when I am not accessing emails from
    my laptop, where Thunderbird is configured.

    I am observing that sometimes, when I try to open a message, with a
    particular subject, the body of the email is not the one I am looking
    for. The email has the subject, but the body is from some other email,
    which may have been received in close proximity.

    So, my guess is, due to indexing the message body is some how is
    getting changed. The sad part, those messages whose body are getting
    changed, I am unable to recover their body.

    Can anyone help me to fix this problem? If more information is needed
    to fix it, please let me know.

    Thanks a lot for your time.

    Thanks,
    Shivashis

  2. Re: Message body is getting changed

    On Feb 6, 4:30*pm, Ron Hunter wrote:
    > On 2/6/2010 11:27 AM, Shivashis Saha wrote:
    >

    > > Greetings,

    > > I am having a strange problem in Thunderbird 3.0. I am using Windows
    > > 7, if this information is useful.

    > > I am using thunderbird 3.0 to read emails. Occasionally, I also go to
    > > the web-browser to read the emails when I am not accessing emails from
    > > my laptop, where Thunderbird is configured.

    > > I am observing that sometimes, when I try to open a message, with a
    > > particular subject, the body of the email is not the one I am looking
    > > for. The email has the subject, but the body is from some other email,
    > > which may have been received in close proximity.

    > > So, my guess is, due to indexing the message body is some how is
    > > getting changed. The sad part, those messages whose body are getting
    > > changed, I am unable to recover their body.

    > > Can anyone help me to fix this problem? If more information is needed
    > > to fix it, please let me know.

    Greetings,

    Thanks for the reply.
    If the inbox is corrupted, how do you fix it?

    Thanks
    > > Thanks a lot for your time.

    > > Thanks,
    > > Shivashis

    > Yes. Find the Thunderbird profile, and open the folder in a file
    > manager. *Find the 'Mail' folder, and open it. *Select the sub-folder
    > with the name of your email account, and then open that. *Delete the
    > inbox.msf file. *DON'T delete the Inbox (no extender) file!
    > Thunderbird will recreate the index when it restarts.
    > If that doesn't fix the problem, likely you have a corrupted Inbox file.
    >
    > --
    > Ron Hunter -- rphun...@charter.net

+ Reply to Thread