Re: Lanikai Alpha 1 released - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Lanikai Alpha 1 released - Mozilla ; On Feb 4, 6:31*pm, Mike Easter wrote: > posted to m.s.t only > > Rafael Ebron wrote: > > *Lanikai Alpha 1, an early version of our next release of Thunderbird, > > is now available for download [1]. > ...

  1. Re: Lanikai Alpha 1 released

    On Feb 4, 6:31*pm, Mike Easter wrote:
    > posted to m.s.t only
    >
    > Rafael Ebron wrote:
    > > *Lanikai Alpha 1, an early version of our next release of Thunderbird,
    > > is now available for download [1].

    > There is not one word of format=flowed bugs and regressions seen in
    > Tbird3 compared to Tbird2 in the 3.1a1 release noteshttp://snipr.com/u9wrd* *Thu Feb 4 2010 15:27:04 PST Resolution: FIXED
    > Target Milestone: Thunderbird 3.1a1
    >
    > Very very sad. The issues are being completely ignored.
    >
    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Looks like they addressing issues I've had but at this point I would
    not touch it with a 10 ft. pole as it is for developers, one of which
    I am not.
    Looking forward to these fixes when OK for us non-guru's.

  2. Re: Lanikai Alpha 1 released

    On Feb 4, 7:52*pm, Mike Easter wrote:
    > Frank wrote:

    > > Mike Easter
    > >> Very very sad. The issues are being completely ignored.

    > >> --
    > >> Mike Easter

    > > Looks like they addressing issues I've had but at this point I would
    > > not touch it with a 10 ft. pole as it is for developers, one of which
    > > I am not.
    > > Looking forward to these fixes when OK for us non-guru's.

    > I see you are using GG googlegroups to post to a group which is carried
    > on a specialty/private nntp newsserver and also bottomposting in an
    > untrimmed fashion while doing so.
    >
    > GG is a terrible way to read or post to a newsgroup whether to usenet
    > general or the moz newsserver's groups.
    >
    > I suggest that you get a newsreader and subscribe to moz groups on the
    > moz newsserver with it; *and in the meantime that you read GG help
    > articles ...
    >
    > http://snipr.com/u9xah*What's good 'netiquette' when posting to Usenet?http://snipr.com/u9xao*The full text of the previous message is
    > included in the composition box and marked with angle brackets (>) at
    > the start of each line.
    >
    > ... but GG doesn't teach you specifically how to trim in GG's editor to
    > prevent untrimmed bottom posting. *That process is illustrated in this
    > article:
    >
    > http://www.anta.net/misc/nnq/nquote.shtmlThis document is a description
    > of the traditionally accepted "quoting style" in Usenet newsgroup
    > postings. *# Q2: How should I use the quoted text and arrange it with my
    > own text? - # Q3: Why shouldn't I quote the entire posting that I'm
    > responding to?
    >
    > --
    > Mike Easter

    This is a problem? I use TB for email and ng's but eternal-september
    does not access this ng.

+ Reply to Thread