On Jan 25, 4:15*am, Ken Whiton wrote:
> *-* On Sun, 24 Jan 2010, at 15:21:27 -0700,
> *-* In Article ,
> *-* John G wrote
> *-* About Re: Filter paths?
>
> > thanks. I thought windows took care of that.

> * * *Windows can automatically adjust for the transition (in either
> direction) between Standard Time and Daylight Saving Time, but the
> correct time and time zone have to be manually set originally. *Also,
> if you move from one time zone to another you have to (manually) reset
> time and time zone to correspond to the new location. *Did you by any
> chance recently move from east Asia or western Australia to Arizona
> and reset your system clock's time zone, but not time?
>

> * * *[Cross-posted and follow-up set to mozilla.general]

> --
> * * FIDO: 1:132/152
> InterNet: kenwhi...@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)

If the time zone and time in MS Windows was accurate at origins, then
he only has to change the time zone settings at destination. The time
will adjust accordingly. The date/time stamps on the files is a
different story. That would depend on the file system on the drive as
to how it would react to a change in the timezone.
JB