Re: LDAP Authentication Binding Error - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: LDAP Authentication Binding Error - Mozilla ; Hi Jake, Good Afternoon! I have had some problems with Bugzilla and LDAP. I'm trying to fix it. I'm using the informations directly of LDAP, that you can take in the properties of the user that you are using to ...

  1. Re: LDAP Authentication Binding Error

    Hi Jake, Good Afternoon!

    I have had some problems with Bugzilla and LDAP. I'm trying to fix it.
    I'm using the informations directly of LDAP, that you can take in the
    properties of the user that you are using to your test. Like this :

    LDAP Properties:
    ldap://X.X.X.X:Port/CN=AdminBugzilla,OU=usuarios,DC=teste,DC=com,DC=br

    Bugzilla :
    'LDAPBaseDN' =>
    'CN=AdminBugzilla,OU=usuarios,DC=teste,DC=com,DC=b r',
    'LDAPbinddn' =>
    'CN=AdminBugzilla,OU=usuarios,DC=teste,DC=com,DC=b rassword',
    'LDAPfilter' => '',
    'LDAPmailattribute' => 'mail',
    'LDAPserver' => 'ldap://X.X.X.X:389/',
    'LDAPstarttls' => 0,
    'LDAPuidattribute' => 'userPrincipalName',

    If I can do something else, I say to you..

    Now, I'm having the error : The specified LDAP attribute mail was not
    found.

    Good luck for us.

    Best regards,
    Mariana Hoffart Dias

  2. Re: LDAP Authentication Binding Error

    Hi Emmanuel, good morning!

    I tried it to, but when I change to this sentence, I have the error :
    "Bugzilla has suffered an internal error. Please save this page and
    send it to cm@hst.com.br with details of what you were doing at the
    time this message appeared.

    The specified LDAP attribute mail was not found."

    Is strange because at the form below, now I have the error, but the
    user exists :
    "The username or password you entered is not valid."

    Bugzilla :
    'LDAPBaseDN' =>
    'CN=AdminBugzilla,OU=usuarios,DC=teste,DC=com,DC=b r',
    'LDAPbinddn' =>
    'CN=AdminBugzilla,OU=usuarios,DC=teste,DC=com,DC=b rassword',
    'LDAPfilter' => '',
    'LDAPmailattribute' => 'mail',
    'LDAPserver' => 'ldap://X.X.X.X:389/',
    'LDAPstarttls' => 0,
    'LDAPuidattribute' => 'userPrincipalName',

    I tried the login as "user" or "user@teste.com.br" and nothing. Always
    the same error.

    I don't know what to do...I'm trying, if you can help me...

    Thanks a lot,
    Mariana Hoffart Dias

  3. Re: LDAP Authentication Binding Error

    Hi Joke, good afternoon!

    Thanks a lot!!!! You was right! I inserd the attribute "mail" at LDAP
    and the Bugzilla is logged.

    Below, you can see the configuration, maybe help you to...

    data/params :
    --------------------
    %param = (
    'LDAPBaseDN' => 'OU=usuarios,DC=teste,DC=com,DC=br',
    'LDAPbinddn' =>
    'CN=AdminBugzilla,OU=usuarios,DC=teste,DC=com,DC=b rassword',
    'LDAPfilter' => '',
    'LDAPmailattribute' => 'mail',
    'LDAPserver' => 'ldap://X.X.X.X:389/',
    'LDAPstarttls' => 0,
    'LDAPuidattribute' => 'sAMAccountName',
    'user_info_class' => 'CGI',
    'user_verify_class' => 'LDAP,DB',

    LDAP
    --------
    Insert the attribut "mail".

    But, and your problem? Can you resolve it?

    Again, Thanks a lot.

    Best Regards,
    Mariana Hoffart Dias

    On 3 set, 13:50, Jake Stone wrote:
    > Mari: getting that error message, I suspect, means that you HAVE
    > successfully binded to the LDAP server (which I have not succeeded at
    > yet), but it cannot find the attribute "mail." Since you seem to be on a
    > Spanish server, you should probably use "malla" or whichever is the
    > Spanish equivalent used. Check your LDAP server to see what they use for
    > the email attribute.
    >
    > Not sure if this relates to my binding problem though.
    > Jake
    >
    > Mari wrote:
    > > Hi Emmanuel, good morning!

    > > I tried it to, but when I change to this sentence, I have the error :
    > > "Bugzilla has suffered an internal error. Please save this page and
    > > send it to c...@hst.com.br with details of what you were doing at the
    > > time this message appeared.

    > > URL:http://X.X.X.X:359/index.cgi

    > > The specified LDAP attribute mail was not found."

    > > Is strange because at the form below, now I have the error, but the
    > > user exists :
    > > "The username or password you entered is not valid."

    > > Bugzilla :
    > > * * * * * *'LDAPBaseDN' =>
    > > 'CN=AdminBugzilla,OU=usuarios,DC=teste,DC=com,DC=b r',
    > > * * * * * *'LDAPbinddn' =>
    > > 'CN=AdminBugzilla,OU=usuarios,DC=teste,DC=com,DC=b rassword',
    > > * * * * * *'LDAPfilter' => '',
    > > * * * * * *'LDAPmailattribute' => 'mail',
    > > * * * * * *'LDAPserver' => 'ldap://X.X.X.X:389/',
    > > * * * * * *'LDAPstarttls' => 0,
    > > * * * * * *'LDAPuidattribute' => 'userPrincipalName',

    > > I tried the login as "user" or "u...@teste.com.br" and nothing. Always
    > > the same error.

    > > I don't know what to do...I'm trying, if you can help me...

    > > Thanks a lot,
    > > Mariana Hoffart Dias

  4. Re: LDAP Authentication Binding Error

    This thread was nice. Had to do few tweaks to make it running on our
    environment
    First was 'LDAPbinddn' =>
    '@.:'.
    Second was to add email to ActiveDirectory otherwise bugzilla
    complains about invalid username.

    Best Regards,
    Ville-Pekka Vahteala

    On 3 syys, 21:01, Mari wrote:
    > Hi Joke, good afternoon!
    >
    > Thanks a lot!!!! You was right! I inserd the attribute "mail" at LDAP
    > and the Bugzilla is logged.
    >
    > Below, *you can see the configuration, maybe help you to...
    >
    > data/params :
    > --------------------
    > %param = (
    > * * * * * *'LDAPBaseDN' => 'OU=usuarios,DC=teste,DC=com,DC=br',
    > * * * * * *'LDAPbinddn' =>
    > 'CN=AdminBugzilla,OU=usuarios,DC=teste,DC=com,DC=b rassword',
    > * * * * * *'LDAPfilter' => '',
    > * * * * * *'LDAPmailattribute' => 'mail',
    > * * * * * *'LDAPserver' => 'ldap://X.X.X.X:389/',
    > * * * * * *'LDAPstarttls' => 0,
    > * * * * * *'LDAPuidattribute' => 'sAMAccountName',
    > * * * * * *...
    > * * * * * *'user_info_class' => 'CGI',
    > * * * * * *'user_verify_class' => 'LDAP,DB',
    > * * * * * *....
    >
    > LDAP
    > --------
    > Insert the attribut "mail".
    >
    > But, and your problem? Can you resolve it?
    >
    > Again, Thanks a lot.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Mariana Hoffart Dias
    >
    > On 3 set, 13:50, Jake Stone wrote:
    >
    > > Mari: getting that error message, I suspect, means that you HAVE
    > > successfully binded to the LDAP server (which I have not succeeded at
    > > yet), but it cannot find the attribute "mail." Since you seem to be on a
    > > Spanish server, you should probably use "malla" or whichever is the
    > > Spanish equivalent used. Check your LDAP server to see what they use for
    > > the email attribute.

    > > Not sure if this relates to my binding problem though.
    > > Jake

    > > Mari wrote:
    > > > Hi Emmanuel, good morning!

    > > > I tried it to, but when I change to this sentence, I have the error :
    > > > "Bugzilla has suffered an internal error. Please save this page and
    > > > send it to c...@hst.com.br with details of what you were doing at the
    > > > time this message appeared.

    > > > URL:http://X.X.X.X:359/index.cgi

    > > > The specified LDAP attribute mail was not found."

    > > > Is strange because at the form below, now I have the error, but the
    > > > user exists :
    > > > "The username or password you entered is not valid."

    > > > Bugzilla :
    > > > * * * * * *'LDAPBaseDN' =>
    > > > 'CN=AdminBugzilla,OU=usuarios,DC=teste,DC=com,DC=b r',
    > > > * * * * * *'LDAPbinddn' =>
    > > > 'CN=AdminBugzilla,OU=usuarios,DC=teste,DC=com,DC=b rassword',
    > > > * * * * * *'LDAPfilter' => '',
    > > > * * * * * *'LDAPmailattribute' => 'mail',
    > > > * * * * * *'LDAPserver' => 'ldap://X.X.X.X:389/',
    > > > * * * * * *'LDAPstarttls' => 0,
    > > > * * * * * *'LDAPuidattribute' => 'userPrincipalName',

    > > > I tried the login as "user" or "u...@teste.com.br" and nothing. Always
    > > > the same error.

    > > > I don't know what to do...I'm trying, if you can help me...

    > > > Thanks a lot,
    > > > Mariana Hoffart Dias

  5. Re: LDAP Authentication Binding Error

    Guys, good morning!

    I resolved this a some time...Below the configuration that works for
    me.

    data/params :
    --------------------
    'LDAPBaseDN' => 'OU=usuarios,DC=teste,DC=com,DC=br',
    'LDAPbinddn' =>
    'CN=AdminBugzilla,OU=usuarios,DC=teste,DC=com,DC=p assword',
    'LDAPfilter' => '',
    'LDAPmailattribute' => 'mail',
    'LDAPserver' => 'ldap://X.X.X.X:389/',
    'LDAPstarttls' => 0,