can't find any package that provides PerlMagick - Mozilla

This is a discussion on can't find any package that provides PerlMagick - Mozilla ; Hi, I have installed Bugzilla 3.2.3 on Windows Server 2009 SP2 with Perl 5.10.0.1005. I would like to use PerlMagick, but I'm getting this message: can't find any package that provides PerlMagick I found an old post (from 2007) that ...

  1. can't find any package that provides PerlMagick

    Hi,
    I have installed Bugzilla 3.2.3 on Windows Server 2009 SP2 with Perl
    5.10.0.1005. I would like to use PerlMagick, but I'm getting this
    message:
    can't find any package that provides PerlMagick

    I found an old post (from 2007) that said PerlMagick did not work on
    Windows and that it had to be downloaded from ImageMagick site. I went
    there, but it said I had to have ImageMagic installed...

    Not sure what to do. Has it changed since 2007? How can I get
    PerlMagick module?

    thanks,
    Yuri

  2. Re: can't find any package that provides PerlMagick

    On Jun 29, 5:15*pm, Jakob Bohm wrote:
    > Yuriwrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I have installed Bugzilla 3.2.3 on Windows Server 2009 SP2 with Perl
    > > 5.10.0.1005. I would like to use PerlMagick, but I'm getting this
    > > message:
    > > can't find any package that provides PerlMagick

    > > I found an old post (from 2007) that said PerlMagick did not work on
    > > Windows and that it had to be downloaded from ImageMagick site. I went
    > > there, but it said I had to have ImageMagic installed...

    > > Not sure what to do. Has it changed since 2007? How can I get
    > > PerlMagick module?

    > > thanks,
    > >Yuri

    > I seem to recall that PerlMagick is included in the ImageMagick
    > installer for Windows. *To make this work:
    >
    > 1. Install ActiveState Perl for Windows (AFAIK the ImageMagick
    > installer does not work with other perls). *It is a free download
    > fromwww.activestate.com, you don't need the expensive CD and support
    > package for this.
    >
    > 2. Install ImageMagick AFTER Perl. *You can choose between two downloads
    > from the ImageMagick site, one with 8 bits per color channel (24 bits
    > per pixel) and one with 16 bits per color channel (48 bits per pixel).
    > 48 bits per pixel is slower but can be useful for a few special tasks
    > involving high sensitivity photo scanners, medical X-Ray processing, or
    > Hollywood-budget movie making etc.

    Thanks for this info, but I'm still lost.
    I'm not sure how I can download ImageMagick from www.activestate.com -
    I do not see it there. All I can do is download is .msi installer
    (ActivePerl-5.10.0.1005-MSWin32-x86-290470.msi).

    Thanks,
    Yuri

  3. Re: can't find any package that provides PerlMagick

    On Jul 24, 6:02*pm, Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
    > Yuri wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I have installed Bugzilla 3.2.3 on Windows Server 2009 SP2 with Perl
    > > 5.10.0.1005. I would like to use PerlMagick, but I'm getting this
    > > message:
    > > can't find any package that provides PerlMagick

    > * * * * Just to be clear--you want the feature that PerlMagick provides
    > (Compressing BMP attachments into PNGs)? Because otherwise you don't
    > need it.
    >
    > * * * * -Max
    > --http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    > Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.

    Exactly, I only need it for this "Compressing BMP attachments into
    PNGs". Way too many people don't care about size of their screenshots.

    To M. Tosh - thanks for link, I still need to get around downloading
    it and installing - wow there were so many files there...

    Yuri

  4. Re: can't find any package that provides PerlMagick

    On Jul 25, 9:17*am, Yuri wrote:
    > On Jul 24, 6:02*pm, Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
    >
    > > Yuri wrote:
    > > > Hi,
    > > > I have installed Bugzilla 3.2.3 on Windows Server 2009 SP2 with Perl
    > > > 5.10.0.1005. I would like to use PerlMagick, but I'm getting this
    > > > message:
    > > > can't find any package that provides PerlMagick

    > > * * * * Just to be clear--you want the feature that PerlMagick provides
    > > (Compressing BMP attachments into PNGs)? Because otherwise you don't
    > > need it.

    > > * * * * -Max
    > > --http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    > > Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.

    > Exactly, I only need it for this "Compressing BMP attachments into
    > PNGs". Way too many people don't care about size of their screenshots.
    >
    > To M. Tosh - thanks for link, I still need to get around downloading
    > it and installing - wow there were so many files there...
    >
    > Yuri

    Ok, I have installed ImageMagick-6.5.4-6-Q8-windows-dll.exe.
    During installation I checked the box to install PerlMagick.

    I have ran checksetup.pl and got this:
    &Image::Magick::constant not defined. The required ImageMagick
    libraries are
    not installed or not installed properly.
    END failed--call queue aborted.

    ImageMagic's installation is complete and and working, but I"m not
    sure how to let Bugzilla know about it. What do I need to do?

    Thanks a lot!
    Yuri

+ Reply to Thread