> The name editcomponents implies the ability to add Components, but not necessarily Products.
>
> With my recent changes based on our emails of the last week or so I don't mind if users add Components,
> but if they add Products, someone (me) has to go through the process of setting up the appropriate set of
> new permission groups, and assign them correctly to the new Product.
>
> Request for Improvement/Change : separate the permissions for adding Products from Components.

Remember, there are two different "editcomponents" permissions. one
is the system group itself, and the other is the per-product
assignment. I think it was left this way for upgrade compatibility,
but I can't say for sure. The system group should control the ability
to create and edit products, and the per-product assignment controls
the ability to edit the individual products. (I think :-) )