prevent emails triggered by bots - Mozilla

This is a discussion on prevent emails triggered by bots - Mozilla ; Hi guys. We have several bots that add comments and change fields on tickets in our Bugzilla (we have a commit bot, a code freeze bot, etc). Some bots generate output that we think is important for tracking history of ...

  1. prevent emails triggered by bots

    Hi guys.

    We have several bots that add comments and change fields on tickets in
    our Bugzilla (we have a commit bot, a code freeze bot, etc). Some bots
    generate output that we think is important for tracking history of
    stuff, but their output is not useful on the day to day work and
    creates a lot of noise for people CCed on bugzilla tickets.

    Can Bugzilla be set so that certain users (bots) do not generate email
    notifications for their changes?

    I've searched the web for this, but couldn't find anything useful
    (probably because mentioning "email" and "bot" in the same search
    query retrieves a lot of discussion about spam). Did any one encounter
    such a solution?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: prevent emails triggered by bots

    On Jun 2, 8:12*am, Guss77 wrote:
    > Can Bugzilla be set so that certain users (bots) do not generate email
    > notifications for their changes?

    You could create a group, suppress_emails, then add a return in the
    top of the MessageToMTA function in Bugzilla/Mailer.pm.
    http://mxr.mozilla.org/bugzilla3.2/s...a/Mailer.pm#54

    return if $user->in_group('suppress_emails');
    Should work if you can define $user (which I don't think is defined in
    this Perl Module)

+ Reply to Thread